2019 Federal government shut down and the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I agree. Why can't we have a candidate who is popular enough that they can win by a landslide?

Some blame the voters, but I put it on the people involved in the political machine.

Too much money involved in the industry of politics.

Too late to change it now. The fox is guarding the hen house......

Unless we have a revolution (?)
in part because tons of people keep wanting to vote for white nationalists/religious zealots/folks who don't want government to function other than to further entrench power and wealth

you have your "revolution". we are being forced to live with it now. how is that working out? (we know you are personally doing fine)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
in part because tons of people keep wanting to vote for white nationalists/religious zealots/folks who don't want government to function other than to further entrench power and wealth
you have your "revolution". we are being forced to live with it now. how is that working out? (we know you are personally doing fine)
Your comment that I bolded is what I referred to when I said some blame it on the voters.

I contend that many of these same people voted for Barack Obama. I know some of them personally.

I feel it always comes down to giving the voters good choices.

When the term "clown car" is used in reference to your pool of political candidates....I don't see how you can blame the voters.

I have more to say but will stop for now.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Trump didn’t win the popular vote to begin with. Then factor in those who only voted for him because he wasn’t Hillary Clinton. So it isn’t surprising he is not supported by the majority here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So we can blame Dems for all this since they picked HC as their candidate. /bluefont

I truly believe that almost anyone else would have defeated Trump but, no, they had to pick the most polarizing woman in the country.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Your comment that I bolded is what I referred to when I said some blame it on the voters.

I contend that many of these same people voted for Barack Obama. I know some of them personally.

I feel it always comes down to giving the voters good choices.

When the term "clown car" is used in reference to your pool of political candidates....I don't see how you can blame the voters.

I have more to say but will stop for now.
thank you

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
So we can blame Dems for all this since they picked HC as their candidate. /bluefont

I truly believe that almost anyone else would have defeated Trump but, no, they had to pick the most polarizing woman in the country.
good thing we didn't elect that polarizing woman and instead ended up with ambulatory human filth as president who cannot even comprehend what the job entails, much less do the job.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yes - she was a terrible candidate. In my humble opinion. :biggrin2:
so was trump and he has also been a terrible president. but that didn't stop you from voting for him and continuing to support him like a teen girl from the 60s at a beatles concert.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I started this thread because I was interested in some discussion about tactics and strategy.

I do appreciate the replies so far on that aspect.

------------

Since some discussion has occurred about the wall itself I will post my opinion.

I think it's a dumb idea.

IMHO, we would be better off working harder to develop programs - better than what we now have - to process those wanting to immigrate into our country - at our southern border, as well as anywhere else.

I see these people as resources for us. We need workers here. Put them to work for us in whatever capacity that makes sense.

Make our program(s) so attractive....All people will WANT to enter our country through legal means.

It's about both efficiency and public relations.

As far as security is concerned...I would take the money that some want for the wall and put it all into increased agents and equipment like helicopters, 4 wheelers, drones, detection devices, and whatever else is working to help with patrols.

----------

I am interested in watching to see what happens with the shutdown and future tactics though - I do find that interesting from a bystander POV.....

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
good thing we didn't elect that polarizing woman and instead ended up with ambulatory human filth as president who cannot even comprehend what the job entails, much less do the job.
Exactly, so thanks a lot Clinton.

If Trump and Clinton ran against each other again, I still wouldn’t vote for her. I wouldn’t vote for Trump either, I’d probably just stay at home. I was ready to vote for Sanders but, the party had a different idea.

I typically vote more Republican but I went into that voting booth still undecided. They both scared me. In the end I just couldn’t pull myself to vote for Clinton.

Now, I have regretted my vote for Trump ever since but, there is nothing I can do about that now. Not until 2020 at least. I’m voting for the democratic candidate even if they are a convicted murderer. Just like my straight democratic vote in the midterms, I’ll do the same in 2020. My vote is more against what the Republican Party has become then it is for the Democrats.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I voted for Gary Johnson. Might have gone with Clinton if I lived in a swing state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Exactly, so thanks a lot Clinton.

If Trump and Clinton ran against each other again, I still wouldn’t vote for her. I wouldn’t vote for Trump either, I’d probably just stay at home. I was ready to vote for Sanders but, the party had a different idea.

I typically vote more Republican but I went into that voting booth still undecided. They both scared me. In the end I just couldn’t pull myself to vote for Clinton.

Now, I have regretted my vote for Trump ever since but, there is nothing I can do about that now. Not until 2020 at least. I’m voting for the democratic candidate even if they are a convicted murderer. Just like my straight democratic vote in the midterms, I’ll do the same in 2020. My vote is more against what the Republican Party has become then it is for the Democrats.
maybe i should have put that in blue. as "evil" as so many people think hillary is/was, she is capable of actually doing the job.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
McConnell has once again refused to allow a vote to reopen the government that he knows will pass, because he doesn’t want the GOP to override Trump’s veto. This shutdown is as much on him as on Trump.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Trump is really testing the limits of his supporters' doublethink. At some point, it has to start causing physical pain.

Trump claims he 'never meant' Mexico would directly pay for border wall despite repeatedly saying it

And in case you think this is some dishonest media plot, Trump's campaign website explicitly says that Mexico will directly pay for the wall, and that promise is still on his website today:

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

"It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion [for the wall] to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year."

https://twitter.com/abc/status/https://twitter.com/mbalter/status/1083379330267394048

Last edited:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Trump is really testing the limits of his supporters' doublethink. At some point, it has to start causing physical pain.

Trump claims he 'never meant' Mexico would directly pay for border wall despite repeatedly saying it

And in case you think this is some dishonest media plot, Trump's campaign website explicitly says that Mexico will directly pay for the wall, and that promise is still on his website today:

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

"It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion [for the wall] to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year."

https://twitter.com/abc/status/https://twitter.com/mbalter/status/1083379330267394048

What's another flagrant lie to this man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.