Is Dabo Now "The Man" ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Is Dabo Now " The Man " ?

I may get cussed and banned. But I felt the coaching the last 2 or 3 games was subpar.

We came out on fire vs OU. But fell into the undisciplined trash talk and ridiculous penalties. And did not finish them how we should have.

Game plan was not good against Clemson. I feel Locksly had distractions with new staff, recruiting, etc.

I felt if we did not have so much 5star talent we could have lost a couple of games. I understand Saban has to continually fill coordinator spots. And that’s not an easy change.

Dabo is a genius to keep playing the “we’re just little ole Clemson”. The underdog story to his players. No one is giving us a chance.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

I've always like Dabo and I've made no secret about it, but my appreciation for him has gone up in the last few years.

I don't care if you don't personally like Dabo (I know some don't) but I think at this point everyone should be able to recognize and appreciate that he's built a football empire that only the blue bloods of the sport have ever been able to enjoy. He's basically taken Clemson, a school like Auburn, which is ironic since people call it Auburn with a Lake, and raised it to a level of success that only a few schools have ever enjoyed. He's arguably doing what Spurrier did for UF and what Bowden did for FSU.

Having said all that...I'm glad we still have CNS, who is the GOAT along with CPB. I don't think CNS's fire has burned out just yet (and will probably burn hotter after that loss) and I'm pretty confident the odds are higher he wins another title or more before he goes off into the sunset. Outside of a major health issue, I think he coaches several more years.

But in the meantime, I don't see how much changes at Clemson or Bama. We might as well accept we are living in an era like the 80's when the Lakers and Celtics where taking turn winning titles.

I don't know when the time will come for a transition at Bama, but right now I can't imagine a more deserving and accomplished coach than Dabo who should get the first option to say "No" to Bama's dynasty.

Last year it was dynasty talk. Now its Dabo talk. Neither makes sense yet.
    11011001 11010110 11010011 11010011 01000000 11100011 11001001 11000100 11000101

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texas_tide View Post
    He’s in select company. But not the man.

He will be the man when Saban leaves and he takes Bama to 4 more titles.

When mama calls, Dabo will come.
    A friend who is not that into college football said, "Why would Dabo leave Clemson for Alabama? Who does he have to play each year as long as he is at Clemson? Duke? Wake?"

BamaNation All-American Elefantman's Avatar

YES HE IS! Note to all AD's looking for a new HC. Clemson is the place to find them. Break out the checkbook and make them all ridiculous offers.
    "I'm a loner. And a loner has got to be alone"
    Jesse

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar

I could see Dabo coming to Alabama and then having these Syracuse type letdowns vs the SEC schedule and not even making the conference championship much less the playoff. He’s a good recruiter and a great big game coach but I don’t think he has the same consistent discipline in his program required to survive wire to wire in our conference. At least it isn’t a guarantee.

Not saying we shouldn’t give him a chance. 🤠

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

I may get cussed and banned. But I felt the coaching the last 2 or 3 games was subpar.

We came out on fire vs OU. But fell into the undisciplined trash talk and ridiculous penalties. And did not finish them how we should have.

Game plan was not good against Clemson. I feel Locksly had distractions with new staff, recruiting, etc.

I felt if we did not have so much 5star talent we could have lost a couple of games. I understand Saban has to continually fill coordinator spots. And that’s not an easy change.

Dabo is a genius to keep playing the “we’re just little ole Clemson”. The underdog story to his players. No one is giving us a chance.
    I think some of our weaknesses and inadequacies we were able to cover up earlier in the season started to catch up with us when we played the best teams.

Remember, the biggest question at the beginning of this year was the secondary. That's where we got torched by them. We could get them in 3rd and long and then we gave up huge plays in the secondary that resulted in points.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

If by "The Man" you mean "the current national champion" then this is not even a point of dispute.

If you mean "he's an excellent coach," you're exactly right. (The dude has beaten Urban Meyer twice and is 2-2 against Saban. 4-2 against the two best coaches of your generation? That's damned good).

If by "the Man" you mean "the greatest CFB coach ever," well, that's a verdict of history.

Not yet. Not even close. As John Wooden observed, "A lot of teams have won one in a row."
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation All-SEC

Well, right now Dabo is the man....of the moment. Yes, he did just beat the GOAT in one game. When Dabo whens more NC's that Saban, then he will be the man.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar

Our personnel deficiency on D was real. Not only with the secondary but with LB as well. Would Thompson have crept up and gotten burned on the third and long had he trusted the LBs? Having to put Moses at DE was not good either. Coaching didnt help but it was not the only problem.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Unfortunately that card is going to be very hard to continue to play. Someone said it best in another thread, but it is exponentially easier to coach from a position of failure than a position of success. It's tough to convince young athletes they need to improve when they just won a national title. It's tough to convince them to keep giving it everything they've got and hyper focused when they're beating the brakes off teams every week. When everybody in the media is crowning you the greatest thing since sliced bread. Dabo's "little ole Clemson" card has now expired. He's about to know what it's like to have to motivate and coach from the position Saban has had to do for the last five or six years.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-American Tide&True's Avatar

Re: Is Dabo Now "The Man" ?

There is always going to be new narratives from the talking heads (.ie ESPN) to keep their customers interested. There will be talk of Saban being a “has been” (just like the comic books use to do with Superman when the latest superhero came along). The reality is we just didn’t have the horses this year to dominate our opponent. When I think of all the changes we made from the personnel on the D from last year it’s no wonder we had a setback. The main thing we have to do as a fan base is be real and just move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "They've got a name for the winners in the world....they call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
    -Steely Dan

BamaNation Second Team

Even Dabo with his awe shucks we on the ROY bus talk knows he is not the man. Even he understands the challenge of staying on top.