Is Dabo Now "The Man" ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar

Re: Is Dabo Now "The Man" ?

Agreed. Thank god we have an epic recruiting class coming in (which just so happens to be loaded on D).

BamaNation All-American WylieTexasTider's Avatar

Re: Is Dabo Now " The Man " ?

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Saban is better, and I expect that Alabama will win when the two square off again, but I don't have Clemson in the CFP in 2019 so you may have to wait a few years.
    Curious who you have in the CFP? Clemson has a joke of a schedule with the ACC being the worst of the Power 5 conferences. They likely do not face a team ranked in the top 15 all year before the playoffs. The best they face is aTm and they are a 4 loss team. Even if they were to lose to aTm, they’d have to lose in the ACC Champ game to get left out. Kind of like BAMA, they have to play their way out.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

BamaNation All-SEC

He is one of the top coaches in college football
    His program is one of the top programs in college football
    He is a heck of a good coach
    BUT he would have to at least when the next two in a row (which would give him a three-peat) before "the man" conversation can realistically start.

As of now, the title belongs to Saban and rightfully so

BamaNation Hall of Fame

No.

Do we have zero patience as a society now?

He's not "THE MAN." Clemson isn't a "Dynasty." Alabama's dynasty isn't over and Nick Saban has not lost his touch. These things may happen some day, but they have not as of yet.

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Unfortunately that card is going to be very hard to continue to play. Someone said it best in another thread, but it is exponentially easier to coach from a position of failure than a position of success. It's tough to convince young athletes they need to improve when they just won a national title. It's tough to convince them to keep giving it everything they've got and hyper focused when they're beating the brakes off teams every week. When everybody in the media is crowning you the greatest thing since sliced bread. Dabo's "little ole Clemson" card has now expired. He's about to know what it's like to have to motivate and coach from the position Saban has had to do for the last five or six years.
    I think he will still try to play the disrespect card by saying no one gives us any shot at winning it again. Dabo is the man next to the man. If he keeps this up it in 20 years sports historians will be talking about the two giants of Alabama and Clemson. Hard to be a truly great team with no competition. Beating Clemson is not like beating UCF. History will look on our victories over them even kinder now. If they are there next year we will beat them with out a doubt.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

BamaNation Second Team

Saban is still "the man".... Dabo is the unquestioned 2nd place at the moment and it's a pretty big drop behind them both.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Saban4Ever View Post
    I think you are correct.

I don't want Dabo to win another championship unless it is when he replaces Saban. If that happens, I think Dabo could actually surpass Saban and Bear Bryant, only because he is fairly young right now and has plenty of time.
    I don't EVER want him to be our coach. And if he ever is, he STILL won't replace Saban.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    Curious who you have in the CFP? Clemson has a joke of a schedule with the ACC being the worst of the Power 5 conferences. They likely do not face a team ranked in the top 15 all year before the playoffs. The best they face is aTm and they are a 4 loss team. Even if they were to lose to aTm, they’d have to lose in the ACC Champ game to get left out. Kind of like BAMA, they have to play their way out.
    Agreed. Clemson will have to lose two games to not make it in. The only other scenario they would not be in would be 4 undefeated Power 5 teams.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

I find it humorous that every time Bama/Saban loses a game the media, other fanbases, some in our fanbase say the Bama dynasty is over and Saban is not the man any more and the game has passed him by. History says otherwise and we/Saban prove it. Not surprised with the media and other fanbases since that is what they want so badly but we in our fanbase should know better, at least for the next 5-7 years. Heard several callers on Bham local radio say Saban is done and needs to be replaced (and Dabo was mentioned from some).

I think 5 in 10 STILL makes a Dynasty...nobody can take that away!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    Last year it was dynasty talk. Now its Dabo talk. Neither makes sense yet.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elefantman View Post
    YES HE IS! Note to all NFL team owners looking for a new HC. Clemson is the place to find him. Break out the checkbook and make him a ridiculous offer.
    FIFY.

Well, one can dream right?
    "I hate morning people.
    And mornings.

And people!"

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar

I hope that’s all the pundits talk about this entire offseason. I want them saying Dabo has surpassed Saban now as the best coach in football. Let them anoint Lawerence as the Heisman front runner. The pressure for 2019 Clemson will be unreal.

BamaNation First Team fralo4tide's Avatar

No. When almost all your conference games are essentially a 'bye-week' in the juggernaut that is the ACC....