Is Dabo Now "The Man" ?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Re: Is Dabo Now " The Man " ?

As the one, the only, Nature Boy Ric Flair said, " If you`re gonna be the man, you gotta beat the man ". Well...??

Yes. In a "rat poison" kind of way.
Everyone else, include Coach Saban is down below looking up at him. Dabo is now the greatest coach of all time.

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

As I said in another topic, he's now a worthy rival.

But, "The Man"? Please... he got beat twice by Saban, it isn't like that's a title that goes back and forth based on whoever gets a W, otherwise the coach of Syracuse was "The Man" for a while in 2017..

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama

Wake me up when Dabo wins 5 National Championships in a span of 9 years. He was definitely "the man" for a day. But he has a ways to go to catch up and overtake Saban as "the man", the GOAT!

Texas_tide

Scout Team
Oct 16, 2018

He’s in select company. But not the man.

He will be the man when Saban leaves and he takes Bama to 4 more titles.

When mama calls, Dabo will come.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

I think you are correct.

I don't want Dabo to win another championship unless it is when he replaces Saban. If that happens, I think Dabo could actually surpass Saban and Bear Bryant, only because he is fairly young right now and has plenty of time.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004

I don't know what Coach Saban's record is for his first 10 years as a HC. I suspect Dabo's record is better but he's got a long way to go before I will consider him The Man. Time will tell, but I must admit, he's off to a great start.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

No, but he is at the top of the sport, and that is all that really matters. Saban is better, and I expect that Alabama will win when the two square off again, but I don't have Clemson in the CFP in 2019 so you may have to wait a few years.

He beat Saban twice to win a championship and lost to Saban twice when trying to win a championship. Top tier coach. But Saban is the GOAT, and this will make him work even harder next year.

Texas_tide

Scout Team
Oct 16, 2018

I may get cussed and banned. But I felt the coaching the last 2 or 3 games was subpar.

We came out on fire vs OU. But fell into the undisciplined trash talk and ridiculous penalties. And did not finish them how we should have.

Game plan was not good against Clemson. I feel Locksly had distractions with new staff, recruiting, etc.

I felt if we did not have so much 5star talent we could have lost a couple of games. I understand Saban has to continually fill coordinator spots. And that’s not an easy change.

Dabo is a genius to keep playing the “we’re just little ole Clemson”. The underdog story to his players. No one is giving us a chance.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I've always like Dabo and I've made no secret about it, but my appreciation for him has gone up in the last few years.

I don't care if you don't personally like Dabo (I know some don't) but I think at this point everyone should be able to recognize and appreciate that he's built a football empire that only the blue bloods of the sport have ever been able to enjoy. He's basically taken Clemson, a school like Auburn, which is ironic since people call it Auburn with a Lake, and raised it to a level of success that only a few schools have ever enjoyed. He's arguably doing what Spurrier did for UF and what Bowden did for FSU.

Having said all that...I'm glad we still have CNS, who is the GOAT along with CPB. I don't think CNS's fire has burned out just yet (and will probably burn hotter after that loss) and I'm pretty confident the odds are higher he wins another title or more before he goes off into the sunset. Outside of a major health issue, I think he coaches several more years.

But in the meantime, I don't see how much changes at Clemson or Bama. We might as well accept we are living in an era like the 80's when the Lakers and Celtics where taking turn winning titles.

I don't know when the time will come for a transition at Bama, but right now I can't imagine a more deserving and accomplished coach than Dabo who should get the first option to say "No" to Bama's dynasty.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

A friend who is not that into college football said, "Why would Dabo leave Clemson for Alabama? Who does he have to play each year as long as he is at Clemson? Duke? Wake?"

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

YES HE IS! Note to all AD's looking for a new HC. Clemson is the place to find them. Break out the checkbook and make them all ridiculous offers.

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL

I could see Dabo coming to Alabama and then having these Syracuse type letdowns vs the SEC schedule and not even making the conference championship much less the playoff. He’s a good recruiter and a great big game coach but I don’t think he has the same consistent discipline in his program required to survive wire to wire in our conference. At least it isn’t a guarantee.

Not saying we shouldn’t give him a chance. 🤠

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I may get cussed and banned. But I felt the coaching the last 2 or 3 games was subpar.

We came out on fire vs OU. But fell into the undisciplined trash talk and ridiculous penalties. And did not finish them how we should have.

Game plan was not good against Clemson. I feel Locksly had distractions with new staff, recruiting, etc.

I felt if we did not have so much 5star talent we could have lost a couple of games. I understand Saban has to continually fill coordinator spots. And that’s not an easy change.

Dabo is a genius to keep playing the “we’re just little ole Clemson”. The underdog story to his players. No one is giving us a chance.
I think some of our weaknesses and inadequacies we were able to cover up earlier in the season started to catch up with us when we played the best teams.

Remember, the biggest question at the beginning of this year was the secondary. That's where we got torched by them. We could get them in 3rd and long and then we gave up huge plays in the secondary that resulted in points.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.