Question for those who fly frequently - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar

Re: Question for those who fly frequently

Very helpful info. Thank you. My mom has several health issues. Mainly mobility and joint issues. That’s good info about implants as she has two of them. She’s on a lot of medications. She takes a pain killer when she needs it and muscle relaxers when she needs it. She goes weeks without taking these at home, but she will probably need to take them on the trip with us. Would it be best to keep all the meds in their original containers? She normally puts them in a weekly container for each day. Do we need any doctor note or anything saying she’s on these or just the original bottle will be fine?
    Hebrews 11:1

FB|BB Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    Very helpful info. Thank you. My mom has several health issues. Mainly mobility and joint issues. That’s good info about implants as she has two of them. She’s on a lot of medications. She takes a pain killer when she needs it and muscle relaxers when she needs it. She goes weeks without taking these at home, but she will probably need to take them on the trip with us. Would it be best to keep all the meds in their original containers? She normally puts them in a weekly container for each day. Do we need any doctor note or anything saying she’s on these or just the original bottle will be fine?
    Meds like your mother takes can be abused, so definitely keep them in the original containers. You could bring along the weekly container, just empty on the flight, and fill it when you get to the hotel.

Check with the airline to see what other documentation, if any, she'll need. Just calling the general customer service line should be fine.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

How will she need to pack the meds? In a quart size bag? I don’t know if all her’s will fit in a quart size bag.

How will she need to pack the meds? In a quart size bag? I don’t know if all her’s will fit in a quart size bag.
    The quart bag is mainly for liquids. I don't think they'd say anything about two, if the meds are in their original containers. For me, I don't keep them in the original containers. I have one bottle labeled "PM," and one labeled "AM." However, now that I'm enrolled in PreCheck, they don't open my bag any more, just x-ray it. However, even before, I never got questioned on it...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Another question. For the checked bag. I know it’s got to be under a certain weight, but can we put bags inside of the bigger luggage bag? Meaning like if I want to take my full-size toiletries and my makeup, can I put them in my toiletry bag and place that bag inside my luggage bag? Or do they have rules where those items have to be in a clear plastic bag even if in a checked bag?

Another question. For the checked bag. I know it’s got to be under a certain weight, but can we put bags inside of the bigger luggage bag? Meaning like if I want to take my full-size toiletries and my makeup, can I put them in my toiletry bag and place that bag inside my luggage bag? Or do they have rules where those items have to be in a clear plastic bag even if in a checked bag?
    Jess, I don't think the liquid/clear bad requirements really apply to checked bags. It's really just intended for carryons. The checked bags have a different list...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Jess, I don't think the liquid/clear bad requirements really apply to checked bags. It's really just intended for carryons. The checked bags have a different list...
    Correct. I've carried full sized saline solution and shampoo in checked bags, usually inside a toiletry bag or plastic ziplock. I've also placed suit bags with suits in there.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

you'll be fine, just be careful on the weight. For international and long haul flights (like to hawaii) they take this seriously. Last time I flew back from Hawaii my wifes bag was 3lbs over and mine 5 under, should be fine right as the two of us came in under weight? Nope we had to repack in the airport to get hers under. Also make sure that you leave a few pounds under when traveling out as you will want to buy and bring stuff home that way you have room for a few extra pounds of stuff
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett