Kirby Smart's Success Leading to Further Attrition - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Re: Kirby Smart's Success Leading to Further Attrition

UGA is already losing coaches and players. And they havenít won anything yet.

Everyone wants a piece of Saban even if itís through six degrees of separation

Letís talk a few minutes about those Kirby Smart and Dabo Sweeney coaching trees. Oh wait....we canít.

I understand Kirby has only been a HC for 3 years but how long has Dabo been at Clemson? And how many OC/DC/HC has he produced?

Regardless of their success- Kirby, McElwain, Pruitt, Muschamp, Jimbo, Dantonio, Gase, Schurmur, Locksley, Kiffin etc. all had one thing that Saban recognized and wanted. The same thing Saban preaches and wants in the players he recruits; the desire to be ďthe best you can beĒ, whether that is as a person, player or coach. They move on for other opportunities, whether after one year or five years. And as a successful head coach you expect that. That is what makes this run at Alabama so amazing. Saban continues to find the next one, and the next one, and the next one, that wants to ďlearn from the best to become their bestĒ in terms of coaches.

When it comes to this, Dabo canít carry Sabanís water. Can Kirby? That remains to be seen.

I donít like the turnover in staff anymore that the rest of yaíll. But CNS hasnít let me down yet when it comes to finding ďthat next right guyĒ. And he has earned my confidence and trust until he shows he canít.

BamaNation All-American

[QUOTE=TheBeasKnees;3371600]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    And Alabama is one offensive pass interference call from having three of the last four national titles.

Can you even name any coaches who left before Smart?
    Sure. But I'm not sure what purpose that would serve.
    You seem fixated on Kirby...

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    Let’s talk a few minutes about those Kirby Smart and Dabo Sweeney coaching trees. Oh wait....we can’t.

I understand Kirby has only been a HC for 3 years but how long has Dabo been at Clemson? And how many OC/DC/HC has he produced?

Regardless of their success- Kirby, McElwain, Pruitt, Muschamp, Jimbo, Dantonio, Gase, Schurmur, Locksley, Kiffin etc. all had one thing that Saban recognized and wanted. The same thing Saban preaches and wants in the players he recruits; the desire to be “the best you can be”, whether that is as a person, player or coach. They move on for other opportunities, whether after one year or five years. And as a successful head coach you expect that. That is what makes this run at Alabama so amazing. Saban continues to find the next one, and the next one, and the next one, that wants to “learn from the best to become their best” in terms of coaches.

When it comes to this, Dabo can’t carry Saban’s water. Can Kirby? That remains to be seen.

I don’t like the turnover in staff anymore that the rest of ya’ll. But CNS hasn’t let me down yet when it comes to finding “that next right guy”. And he has earned my confidence and trust until he shows he can’t.
    Great point and post of the day!
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda