Kirby Smart's Success Leading to Further Attrition

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Let’s talk a few minutes about those Kirby Smart and Dabo Sweeney coaching trees. Oh wait....we can’t.

I understand Kirby has only been a HC for 3 years but how long has Dabo been at Clemson? And how many OC/DC/HC has he produced?

Regardless of their success- Kirby, McElwain, Pruitt, Muschamp, Jimbo, Dantonio, Gase, Schurmur, Locksley, Kiffin etc. all had one thing that Saban recognized and wanted. The same thing Saban preaches and wants in the players he recruits; the desire to be “the best you can be”, whether that is as a person, player or coach. They move on for other opportunities, whether after one year or five years. And as a successful head coach you expect that. That is what makes this run at Alabama so amazing. Saban continues to find the next one, and the next one, and the next one, that wants to “learn from the best to become their best” in terms of coaches.

When it comes to this, Dabo can’t carry Saban’s water. Can Kirby? That remains to be seen.

I don’t like the turnover in staff anymore that the rest of ya’ll. But CNS hasn’t let me down yet when it comes to finding “that next right guy”. And he has earned my confidence and trust until he shows he can’t.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Let’s talk a few minutes about those Kirby Smart and Dabo Sweeney coaching trees. Oh wait....we can’t.

I understand Kirby has only been a HC for 3 years but how long has Dabo been at Clemson? And how many OC/DC/HC has he produced?

Regardless of their success- Kirby, McElwain, Pruitt, Muschamp, Jimbo, Dantonio, Gase, Schurmur, Locksley, Kiffin etc. all had one thing that Saban recognized and wanted. The same thing Saban preaches and wants in the players he recruits; the desire to be “the best you can be”, whether that is as a person, player or coach. They move on for other opportunities, whether after one year or five years. And as a successful head coach you expect that. That is what makes this run at Alabama so amazing. Saban continues to find the next one, and the next one, and the next one, that wants to “learn from the best to become their best” in terms of coaches.

When it comes to this, Dabo can’t carry Saban’s water. Can Kirby? That remains to be seen.

I don’t like the turnover in staff anymore that the rest of ya’ll. But CNS hasn’t let me down yet when it comes to finding “that next right guy”. And he has earned my confidence and trust until he shows he can’t.
Great point and post of the day!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.