Members of Texas GOP want to remove party leader for being a Muslim.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Members of Texas GOP want to remove party leader for being a Muslim.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/01/10/u...afi/index.html

The Tarant County (Ft Worth) GOP appoints this guy (who is a surgeon) as vice-chairman. Then one person in the party starts a movement to have him removed due to his religion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation First Team

Re: Members of Texas GOP want to remove party leader for being a Muslim.

I don't understand how a Muslim can represent a community which legally is bound to follow the U.S. Constitution? The individual would have to make a decision to support the Constitution instead of Islamic Law. If he can ignore the Islamic laws regarding women's rights and freedom of religion for all citizens and support the Constitution then he would be able to perform just as well as anyone.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Valley View View Post
    I don't understand how a Muslim can represent a community which legally is bound to follow the U.S. Constitution? The individual would have to make a decision to support the Constitution instead of Islamic Law. If he can ignore the Islamic laws regarding women's rights and freedom of religion for all citizens and support the Constitution then he would be able to perform just as well as anyone.
    Well plenty of Christians overlook their religion to run the government so I guess a Muslim can do it too.

Just a barner.
    Auburn attempted 40 3 pointers while Tennessee only attempted 15. This kills the one seed.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/01/10/u...afi/index.html

The Tarant County (Ft Worth) GOP appoints this guy (who is a surgeon) as vice-chairman. Then one person in the party starts a movement to have him removed due to his religion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point it's not "members" of the GOP nor is it widespread, it's one lone nut (which doesn't make it any less egregious). In fact, given my skepticism of pretty much all political reporting anytime, this one actually seems to be grade A.

I've gone over her Facebook page. It's the stereotypical stuff. I guess to give you the picture, imagine Phyllis from Mulga (or whatever, I never watch the show) only on an anti-Islam rant rather than an anti-Auburn one. And subtract about 50 IQ points.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

I am rolling my eyes.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

What the party needs to do is vote to reaffirm this guy and vote out Ms O'Brien.

Maybe tell her no Irish need apply......
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

Vote was tonight. Motion to remove him defeated 139-49.
    Just a barner.
    Auburn attempted 40 3 pointers while Tennessee only attempted 15. This kills the one seed.

Last edited by AUDub; January 10th, 2019 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Added link
    Just a barner.

when he threw his badge, did he go off on a spittle flecked rant about how muslims by definition can't uphold the constitution?
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

I don't understand how a Muslim can represent a community which legally is bound to follow the U.S. Constitution?

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    Well plenty of Christians overlook their religion to run the government so I guess a Muslim can do it too.
    and more sadly plenty who don't
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    and more sadly plenty who don't
    The Republican version of the Gospels is at a huge variance from what the 1st century ascetic was trying to preach.