Members of Texas GOP want to remove party leader for being a Muslim.

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
I don't understand how a Muslim can represent a community which legally is bound to follow the U.S. Constitution? The individual would have to make a decision to support the Constitution instead of Islamic Law. If he can ignore the Islamic laws regarding women's rights and freedom of religion for all citizens and support the Constitution then he would be able to perform just as well as anyone.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I don't understand how a Muslim can represent a community which legally is bound to follow the U.S. Constitution? The individual would have to make a decision to support the Constitution instead of Islamic Law. If he can ignore the Islamic laws regarding women's rights and freedom of religion for all citizens and support the Constitution then he would be able to perform just as well as anyone.
Well plenty of Christians overlook their religion to run the government so I guess a Muslim can do it too.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/01/10/us/gop-tarrant-county-vote-shafi/index.html

The Tarant County (Ft Worth) GOP appoints this guy (who is a surgeon) as vice-chairman. Then one person in the party starts a movement to have him removed due to his religion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point it's not "members" of the GOP nor is it widespread, it's one lone nut (which doesn't make it any less egregious). In fact, given my skepticism of pretty much all political reporting anytime, this one actually seems to be grade A.

I've gone over her Facebook page. It's the stereotypical stuff. I guess to give you the picture, imagine Phyllis from Mulga (or whatever, I never watch the show) only on an anti-Islam rant rather than an anti-Auburn one. And subtract about 50 IQ points.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I am rolling my eyes.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
What the party needs to do is vote to reaffirm this guy and vote out Ms O'Brien.

Maybe tell her no Irish need apply......

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Of course the redneck who wanted her kicked out is addle brained...but the Muslim that wants to be a party chair in the current GOP must be nuts as well.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
remember, these folks elected trump and still support him. they actually believe this stuff.
Kind of like when they happily supported Trump saying Mexico would write a check and pay for the wall but now they are all melting down because the American taxpayer is not willing to fund this boondoggle. Try to pin them down and the only thing consistent is them following whatever the Orange Disgrace in spouting at the time.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Kind of like when they happily supported Trump saying Mexico would write a check and pay for the wall but now they are all melting down because the American taxpayer is not willing to fund this boondoggle. Try to pin them down and the only thing consistent is them following whatever the Orange Disgrace in spouting at the time.
yeah, i figured out that two-faced scthick as a teenager growing up southern baptist.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Vote was tonight. Motion to remove him defeated 139-49.
I did see where the guy had strong support and it was one nut leading this. But getting 48 others to vote with him is sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
I am rolling my eyes.
Like it or not the U.S. Constitution was written based on Judeo/Christian principles. Maybe you should spend some time studying history. Islamic law is in direct contradiction with our Constitution with regard to individual rights and is also very un PC. Although you are very PC for thinking a Muslim would ignore their Islamic upbringing and embrace western values.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.