R*nfrow, the never ending Senior, Statement - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Renfrow, the never ending Senior, Statement

Coach Swinney has built it on fun, and obviously Coach Saban has built it on a process,” Renfrow said. “I’m just so proud of being at a place like Clemson, where I feel like we’ve done it the right way. If we’re supposed to have only three guys on steroids, we’re making sure we have three. We’re not doing it the wrong way and we’re having fun doing it.”
    Fixed it for him
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Let em all run their mouths. KARMA will be waiting for them.
    Lots of bulletin board material.

I hope to see a MAD Alabama Team, with MAD Coaches make it to the playoffs again next year.
    'SHOW NO MERCY'.
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; January 10th, 2019 at 10:52 PM. Reason: format

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

This reminds me of the Eagles player who said he’d rather win 1 super bowl and have fun than win 5 Super Bowls and not have fun after they beat the Patriots last year. Patriots player response: winning is fun. Same dynamic here..

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    Fixed it for him
    I like what you did there... NICE

BamaNation First Team

While I consider his statement to be tasteless, I don't automatically extend it to the team or coaching staff. They're obviously an outstanding organization, as is Alabama, though in stark contrast to each other.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by AlBamaWagg View Post
    While I consider his statement to be tasteless, I don't automatically extend it to the team or coaching staff. They're obviously an outstanding organization, as is Alabama, though in stark contrast to each other.
    The institution in which signs the coaching staff's checks, is the institution the staff believes is doing it "the right way". Just like Jimbo Fisher (while at FSU) was on the "The ACC is the best conference", strangely enough changed his tune when aTm issued him his $75 million dollar cowboy boots.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

I really didn't know we had that kind of effect on her. So even after she wins the NC, Alabama and Nick Saban is what she wants to talk about?

she did release a statement clarifying that she’s a douche

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Dabo is in the rarified air now. I can go ahead and tell you if they keep on winning the media is gonna turn on him hard because all that folksy evangelical stuff is bound to lead to him saying something that rubs the right people the wrong way. He's just as ready-made for the national media/general public to hate as Saban's anal retentive boss vibe. It is just for different reasons. People love a story about winning but they really don't love the winners...especially once they've over-stayed their welcome in the national consciousness.
    This is true. Everyone is ready for somebody, anybody to beat us. Not only did Clemson beat us, but they absolutely thrashed us. We have to take our medicine right now, but those same people who love Clemson now will hate them if they win five out of nine championships. I am a big proponent of winning the right way and am not a win at all costs person. However, I think Saban does win the right way. He believes in hard work, determination, and preparation to get things done. That is fine and is not cheating. I also think Dabo wins the right way and does try to throw some extra fun in there, which is also fine. I'm a big fan of both Saban and Dabo. People are enjoying making the comparison between the two right now since Clemson has won two of the last three. However, if Clemson has a year where they lose three or four games then people will start to wonder if the players should have fewer ice cream and pizza parties and work harder. Just ask Mark Richt.

BamaNation First Team

"The institution in which signs the coaching staff's checks, is the institution the staff believes is doing it "the right way"."

I didn't see where "the staff said" or "the institution said", only that "HR said". My response wasn't about what someone or group might think, only what one individual publicly said.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer15 View Post
    I’m honestly getting sick and tired of this narrative. Now I see why y’all call Clemson “Barn with a lake”. Unfortunately I saw a Cowherd segment Tuesday and him and Klatt were talking about how Clemson has a family while Alabama has a factory and that Saban is hard on coaches so that’s why they’re so quick to leave. Made me want to puke.

If Alabama has such a toxic culture, if Saban is such a bully, why are we getting #1 classes every year? Why hasn’t one player come out and trashed Saban or the program? People point to the Kiffin thing but Kiffin said it himself that he learned a lot from him and enjoyed his time in Tuscaloosa.
    That's not altogether wrong.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Dabo is in the rarified air now. I can go ahead and tell you if they keep on winning the media is gonna turn on him hard because all that folksy evangelical stuff is bound to lead to him saying something that rubs the right people the wrong way. He's just as ready-made for the national media/general public to hate as Saban's anal retentive boss vibe. It is just for different reasons. People love a story about winning but they really don't love the winners...especially once they've over-stayed their welcome in the national consciousness.
    You and I disagree politically and culturally, as we've hashed out here before, but this analysis is pretty spot on.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

What I find so objectionable is that Renfrow, in all likelihood, did not come up with this on his own. It's the culture at Clemson - and Dabo is at the top of that.