R*nfrow, the never ending Senior, Statement - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar

Re: Renfrow, the never ending Senior, Statement

Quote Originally Posted by CincinnatiAlum View Post
    "Coach Swinney has built it on fun, and obviously Coach Saban has built it on a process. I'm just so proud of being at a place like Clemson, where I feel like we've done it the right way. If we're supposed to have only five guys on the field as coaches, we're making sure we have five. We're not doing it the wrong way and we're having fun doing it"
    I believe in Dabo's terminology, this is called "bearing false witness."

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    I’m pretty sure he (Dabo) had an issue 4 or 5 years ago with the media and religion and baptism of a player at practice or something. I think some group made an issue being a public university under separation of church and state .
    I saw where he leads his team in prayer before the game. I read an article where he explained he doesn't only recruit Christians, but didn't really address what team members should do that either aren't Christian or comfortable with his group prayers.

I'm a Christian myself, but I go by the advice in the Bible that prayer is something that is a private matter between the one praying and the One being prayed to.

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites
    are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and
    in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men.
    Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC UntouchableCrew's Avatar

This is clearly the narrative that Clemson is pushing, I'm sure in recruiting. We also win at an elite level but we have FUN. We have putt putt golf!

Reminds me of when Lane Johnson said he'd rather have 1 ring and have fun than play with the Patriots and have 5 and be miserable.

We're gonna be just fine. Eventually having so much fun will catch up to them.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Last thing I'll say on this for now is that I don't have an issue with Dabo being public in his faith. What I have a problem with is the cheeseball, prosperity gospel nonsense that misinterprets Phillipians 4:13 at every opportunity.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CoastGhost's Avatar

What, no mention of Newspring Church?

BamaNation First Team

Someone mentioned “burning bridges“, Saban and the process still have a lot of friends and contacts in the nfl.

Mr. Renfrow could use a slice of humble pie. Apparently Dabo didn’t get that message across to him.

Also, love having more motivational material for the training room.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    Last thing I'll say on this for now is that I don't have an issue with Dabo being public in his faith. What I have a problem with is the cheeseball, prosperity gospel nonsense that misinterprets Phillipians 4:13 at every opportunity.
    Prof..................you're 3 for 3 today.
    "I hate morning people.
    And mornings.

And people!"

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Renfrow, the never ending Senior, Statement

Bring out the Legos boys. We gonna have some ROY fun!

Give me The Process every day over cheez whiz bubbly boys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The first thing Mr. Renfrow should do, the first day of camp with the Patriots, is give Belichick a wet willie. Just to liven things up a bit and give it that fambly atmosphere. Yeah, that's the ticket.
    "You don't want to be scared half to death more than once."

-Captain Obvious-

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Dabo is in the rarified air now. I can go ahead and tell you if they keep on winning the media is gonna turn on him hard because all that folksy evangelical stuff is bound to lead to him saying something that rubs the right people the wrong way. He's just as ready-made for the national media/general public to hate as Saban's anal retentive boss vibe. It is just for different reasons. People love a story about winning but they really don't love the winners...especially once they've over-stayed their welcome in the national consciousness.
    You have an excellent way with words. Hats off, and AGREED!

I'm not reading any of the posts but I do want to say this:

That name should be auto-censored.
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by Chukker Veteran View Post
    I believe in Dabo's terminology, this is called "bearing false witness."

I saw where he leads his team in prayer before the game. I read an article where he explained he doesn't only recruit Christians, but didn't really address what team members should do that either aren't Christian or comfortable with his group prayers.

I'm a Christian myself, but I go by the advice in the Bible that prayer is something that is a private matter between the one praying and the One being prayed to.
    It's going to get him. Right now the media is more concerned with seeing Saban/Alabama "slayed" and feeding on what they perceive as the remains of a dead dynasty. But as soon as that itch is scratched, and if Dabo and Clemson continue to be in the spotlight. They will turn on him like a pack of wolves chasing a three legged dog.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by Chukker Veteran View Post

What kind of prayer is he leading? Pretty sure Alabama does the Lord's Prayer before leaving the locker room, but I'm not positive.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAVILLE View Post
    I remember a past player of ours hipping the world to the fact that Mr. Renfrow had a propensity to not tell the truth ... so seems like par for the course for him unfortunately.
    Can you elaborate, please?