R*nfrow, the never ending Senior, Statement

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Re: Renfrow, the never ending Senior, Statement

Dabo is in the rarified air now. I can go ahead and tell you if they keep on winning the media is gonna turn on him hard because all that folksy evangelical stuff is bound to lead to him saying something that rubs the right people the wrong way. He's just as ready-made for the national media/general public to hate as Saban's anal retentive boss vibe. It is just for different reasons. People love a story about winning but they really don't love the winners...especially once they've over-stayed their welcome in the national consciousness.
You have an excellent way with words. Hats off, and AGREED!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I believe in Dabo's terminology, this is called "bearing false witness."

I saw where he leads his team in prayer before the game. I read an article where he explained he doesn't only recruit Christians, but didn't really address what team members should do that either aren't Christian or comfortable with his group prayers.

I'm a Christian myself, but I go by the advice in the Bible that prayer is something that is a private matter between the one praying and the One being prayed to.
It's going to get him. Right now the media is more concerned with seeing Saban/Alabama "slayed" and feeding on what they perceive as the remains of a dead dynasty. But as soon as that itch is scratched, and if Dabo and Clemson continue to be in the spotlight. They will turn on him like a pack of wolves chasing a three legged dog.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I saw where he leads his team in prayer before the game. I read an article where he explained he doesn't only recruit Christians, but didn't really address what team members should do that either aren't Christian or comfortable with his group prayers.

I'm a Christian myself, but I go by the advice in the Bible that prayer is something that is a private matter between the one praying and the One being prayed to.
What kind of prayer is he leading? Pretty sure Alabama does the Lord's Prayer before leaving the locker room, but I'm not positive.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I remember a past player of ours hipping the world to the fact that Mr. Renfrow had a propensity to not tell the truth ... so seems like par for the course for him unfortunately.
Can you elaborate, please?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Although we played them twice when they were the number 1 seed, I don't think they have ever been the favorite to win. Next year, assuming they don't lose any games during the regular season, they could be the favorite if we meet again in the playoffs. I like our chances better if we're both the lower seed AND the underdog.
They play in a weak conference, so they will most likely be in the CFP again next season...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

It's going to get him. Right now the media is more concerned with seeing Saban/Alabama "slayed" and feeding on what they perceive as the remains of a dead dynasty. But as soon as that itch is scratched, and if Dabo and Clemson continue to be in the spotlight. They will turn on him like a pack of wolves chasing a three legged dog.
The words of my son, the Auburn fan, in the days after Clemson’s victory. Even he has taken notice:

“What sucks is how disingenuous the media is treating it. They couldn’t wait to see Alabama fall from that pedestal. And they literally are reveling in it.
And they can’t wait to get Clemson up there so they can take glee in watching them fall.
It’s sickening”

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

The words of my son, the Auburn fan, in the days after Clemson’s victory. Even he has taken notice:

“What sucks is how disingenuous the media is treating it. They couldn’t wait to see Alabama fall from that pedestal. And they literally are reveling in it.
And they can’t wait to get Clemson up there so they can take glee in watching them fall.
It’s sickening”
And that's why they don't get air time in my home. I haven't watched one second of highlights, listened to one second of talk radio, nor clicked on a single article about the game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I haven't watched one second of highlights, listened to one second of talk radio, nor clicked on a single article about the game.
Same here. I will watch NFL football and Netflix for the next few weeks. I won't watch ESPN again until the spring games are aired. I don't/won't read about the game. I don't need to learn from it - I am a fan. So why put myself through that?

tidebanker

1st Team
Oct 10, 2002
Hoover, AL USA

Clemson has the luxury of not having to worry about opponents during the season. The SEC is much more competitive and requires more stringent work ethic than pushing smaller kids down on the playground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL

Speaking of ACC and SOS, what’s up with the scheduling of Duke in the opener this year? Did they get the fb and bb schedules mixed up?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Speaking of ACC and SOS, what’s up with the scheduling of Duke in the opener this year? Did they get the fb and bb schedules mixed up?
Alabama was scheduled to play in Atlanta. When it was scheduled our opponent was still up in the air. Some idiot decided it would be a good idea to let Duke play in it.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Alabama was scheduled to play in Atlanta. When it was scheduled our opponent was still up in the air. Some idiot decided it would be a good idea to let Duke play in it.
Well that and nobody wants Bama when it gets right down to it. Clemson not withstanding. Pretty sure they’ll be facing to same problem with OOC scheduling real soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

We couldn't get anyone to schedule, IIRC. We've never lost one of these games, and they are usually blowouts on top of that.

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA
The Clemson players just knocked off the king, they are full of themselves, want to brag and will not consider that Bama played far from their best game. Clemson played lights out, was part of the reason Bama played so bad and deserve credit for that but they haven't passed Bama as they think. They won't always have high draft juniors coming back for their 4th year. This year, at least, they didn't have to depend on an illegal pass play to win.....but it would have worked since the ref's would only throw 1 flag against them.
Dabo is caught up in the glory and also full of himself but I think he is a good man.
Doesn't everyone say they "are doing it the right way"?
If it is all "fun" why was Dabo chewing butt on the sideline when things didn't go well?

Last edited:

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009

He's just ridiculously uncouth in everything he says. I understand celebrating etc., but when he said that AL putting in Hurts was a sign that our team was 'Giving up' ,(IDK where the quote is maybe twitter, which isn't even close to the truth), just makes me want someone to give him the clap or something.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.