R*nfrow, the never ending Senior, Statement

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
"Coach Swinney has built it on fun, and obviously Coach Saban has built it on a process. I'm just so proud of being at a place like Clemson, where I feel like we've done it the right way. If we're supposed to have only five guys on the field as coaches, we're making sure we have five. We're not doing it the wrong way and we're having fun doing it"

What the heck?? Completely not okay with this quote from him. They beat us ... congrats! But this comment is unacceptable for me!

Saban is the GOAT ... don't knock his process.... EVER!

RTR Always

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Renfrow, the never ending Senior, Statement

Probably shouldn't be burning bridges by making some ****boy comments about one of the best when his future in football is coaching.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012

I’m honestly getting sick and tired of this narrative. Now I see why y’all call Clemson “Barn with a lake”. Unfortunately I saw a Cowherd segment Tuesday and him and Klatt were talking about how Clemson has a family while Alabama has a factory and that Saban is hard on coaches so that’s why they’re so quick to leave. Made me want to puke.

If Alabama has such a toxic culture, if Saban is such a bully, why are we getting #1 classes every year? Why hasn’t one player come out and trashed Saban or the program? People point to the Kiffin thing but Kiffin said it himself that he learned a lot from him and enjoyed his time in Tuscaloosa.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Dabo is in the rarified air now. I can go ahead and tell you if they keep on winning the media is gonna turn on him hard because all that folksy evangelical stuff is bound to lead to him saying something that rubs the right people the wrong way. He's just as ready-made for the national media/general public to hate as Saban's anal retentive boss vibe. It is just for different reasons. People love a story about winning but they really don't love the winners...especially once they've over-stayed their welcome in the national consciousness.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Dabo is in the rarified air now. I can go ahead and tell you if they keep on winning the media is gonna turn on him hard because all that folksy evangelical stuff is bound to lead to him saying something that rubs the right people the wrong way. He's just as ready-made for the national media/general public to hate as Saban's anal retentive boss vibe. It is just for different reasons. People love a story about winning but they really don't love the winners...especially once they've over-stayed their welcome in the national consciousness.
Dabo's time being loved and admired will be a short lived thing.............I was amazed that the media didn't go after him when a player was baptized at practice on the Clemson campus

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

What did you honestly expect? Did you expect class? What exactly has he said or done for you to think that given the opportunity he would be gracious in victory?

This attitude probably comes straight from the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

I think they love Clemson because they toppled the giant this year with a polar opposite approach than what the giant uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012

I can already sense it a bit because Clemson been in the Playoff for 4 straight years, now with him winning he’s America’s Sweetheart right now, but remember Tebow and the Gators? People were cheering them on when they beat Ohio State and OU but by Tebow’s senior year, the CFB world was tired of him and Florida and rejoiced in the fact that Alabama made him cry. Now everyone is rejoinced that Dabo and Clemson put a beatdown on Bama, but in a year or two, people will get tired of Dabo and Trevor Lawrence, it’s a cycle.

NCRollTider

Dec 17, 2010

This is true rgw, but if we're being honest, the media doesn't really need a reason to hate someone or rub them the wrong way, they just need a basis or reason to tear someone down. It seems that's all their job is these days anyway. Hype a good story to build someone up as much as they can (and get the clicks) because we're all human and in the end no one can live up to these crazy standards. And then, the media just gets to tear that person down, and get even more clicks based on how far they have to fall.

I remember seeing a story with a headline talking about how Trevor Lawrence is the new best thing (and sure, he deserves it) and I thought, just be careful, because next year you could just be last year's best thing, like Tua, because someone's going to find a way to tear you down. Coach Saban's been built up and torn down for a while now. I'm sure Dabo will be too. Hope he's got a thick skin.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com

"Coach Swinney has built it on fun, and obviously Coach Saban has built it on a process. I'm just so proud of being at a place like Clemson, where I feel like we've done it the right way. If we're supposed to have only five guys on the field as coaches, we're making sure we have five. We're not doing it the wrong way and we're having fun doing it"

What the heck?? Completely not okay with this quote from him. They beat us ... congrats! But this comment is unacceptable for me!

Saban is the GOAT ... don't knock his process.... EVER!

RTR Always
What a petty, classless statement that I'm sure was blessed by God and lil ole me Daboo from the roy bus.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Would like to see where "fun" gets him when he's in the NFL ... most NFL teams gladly take the "process" over "fun" any day ... just saying.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

So, I felt congratulatory before. All good will now gone. Pathetic, low class piece of dung. He is accusing Alabama of cheating.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

I’m pretty sure he had an issue 4 or 5 years ago with the media and religion and baptism of a player at practice or something. I think some group made an issue being a public university under separation of church and state . It Will not be long until something else comes up. Right now, it’s all feel good. But over time , some hotshot media member will try to become a star!

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

So, I felt congratulatory before. All good will now gone. Pathetic, low class piece of dung. He is accusing Alabama of cheating.
I remember a past player of ours hipping the world to the fact that Mr. Renfrow had a propensity to not tell the truth ... so seems like par for the course for him unfortunately.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

What a petty, classless statement that I'm sure was blessed by God and lil ole me Daboo from the roy bus.
"That's for dang sure."

A buddy said some of the ESPN blabbermouths are already starting in on Dumbo, and his "aw, shucks" country boy routine.

Time to pin the bullseye on some coach on the other sideline for a change. (Yeah, I know................it was Kirby who made that snide remark.) (Snide remarks are best left to professionals!)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.