R*nfrow, the never ending Senior, Statement

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Re: Renfrow, the never ending Senior, Statement

Let em all run their mouths. KARMA will be waiting for them.
Lots of bulletin board material.

I hope to see a MAD Alabama Team, with MAD Coaches make it to the playoffs again next year.
'SHOW NO MERCY'.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

This reminds me of the Eagles player who said he’d rather win 1 super bowl and have fun than win 5 Super Bowls and not have fun after they beat the Patriots last year. Patriots player response: winning is fun. Same dynamic here..

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn

While I consider his statement to be tasteless, I don't automatically extend it to the team or coaching staff. They're obviously an outstanding organization, as is Alabama, though in stark contrast to each other.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

While I consider his statement to be tasteless, I don't automatically extend it to the team or coaching staff. They're obviously an outstanding organization, as is Alabama, though in stark contrast to each other.
The institution in which signs the coaching staff's checks, is the institution the staff believes is doing it "the right way". Just like Jimbo Fisher (while at FSU) was on the "The ACC is the best conference", strangely enough changed his tune when aTm issued him his $75 million dollar cowboy boots.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I really didn't know we had that kind of effect on her. So even after she wins the NC, Alabama and Nick Saban is what she wants to talk about?

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

Dabo is in the rarified air now. I can go ahead and tell you if they keep on winning the media is gonna turn on him hard because all that folksy evangelical stuff is bound to lead to him saying something that rubs the right people the wrong way. He's just as ready-made for the national media/general public to hate as Saban's anal retentive boss vibe. It is just for different reasons. People love a story about winning but they really don't love the winners...especially once they've over-stayed their welcome in the national consciousness.
This is true. Everyone is ready for somebody, anybody to beat us. Not only did Clemson beat us, but they absolutely thrashed us. We have to take our medicine right now, but those same people who love Clemson now will hate them if they win five out of nine championships. I am a big proponent of winning the right way and am not a win at all costs person. However, I think Saban does win the right way. He believes in hard work, determination, and preparation to get things done. That is fine and is not cheating. I also think Dabo wins the right way and does try to throw some extra fun in there, which is also fine. I'm a big fan of both Saban and Dabo. People are enjoying making the comparison between the two right now since Clemson has won two of the last three. However, if Clemson has a year where they lose three or four games then people will start to wonder if the players should have fewer ice cream and pizza parties and work harder. Just ask Mark Richt.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn

"The institution in which signs the coaching staff's checks, is the institution the staff believes is doing it "the right way"."

I didn't see where "the staff said" or "the institution said", only that "HR said". My response wasn't about what someone or group might think, only what one individual publicly said.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

I’m honestly getting sick and tired of this narrative. Now I see why y’all call Clemson “Barn with a lake”. Unfortunately I saw a Cowherd segment Tuesday and him and Klatt were talking about how Clemson has a family while Alabama has a factory and that Saban is hard on coaches so that’s why they’re so quick to leave. Made me want to puke.

If Alabama has such a toxic culture, if Saban is such a bully, why are we getting #1 classes every year? Why hasn’t one player come out and trashed Saban or the program? People point to the Kiffin thing but Kiffin said it himself that he learned a lot from him and enjoyed his time in Tuscaloosa.
That's not altogether wrong.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

Dabo is in the rarified air now. I can go ahead and tell you if they keep on winning the media is gonna turn on him hard because all that folksy evangelical stuff is bound to lead to him saying something that rubs the right people the wrong way. He's just as ready-made for the national media/general public to hate as Saban's anal retentive boss vibe. It is just for different reasons. People love a story about winning but they really don't love the winners...especially once they've over-stayed their welcome in the national consciousness.
You and I disagree politically and culturally, as we've hashed out here before, but this analysis is pretty spot on.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

What I find so objectionable is that Renfrow, in all likelihood, did not come up with this on his own. It's the culture at Clemson - and Dabo is at the top of that.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

"Coach Swinney has built it on fun, and obviously Coach Saban has built it on a process. I'm just so proud of being at a place like Clemson, where I feel like we've done it the right way. If we're supposed to have only five guys on the field as coaches, we're making sure we have five. We're not doing it the wrong way and we're having fun doing it"
I believe in Dabo's terminology, this is called "bearing false witness."

I’m pretty sure he (Dabo) had an issue 4 or 5 years ago with the media and religion and baptism of a player at practice or something. I think some group made an issue being a public university under separation of church and state .
I saw where he leads his team in prayer before the game. I read an article where he explained he doesn't only recruit Christians, but didn't really address what team members should do that either aren't Christian or comfortable with his group prayers.

I'm a Christian myself, but I go by the advice in the Bible that prayer is something that is a private matter between the one praying and the One being prayed to.

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites
are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and
in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men.
Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

This is clearly the narrative that Clemson is pushing, I'm sure in recruiting. We also win at an elite level but we have FUN. We have putt putt golf!

Reminds me of when Lane Johnson said he'd rather have 1 ring and have fun than play with the Patriots and have 5 and be miserable.

We're gonna be just fine. Eventually having so much fun will catch up to them.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

Last thing I'll say on this for now is that I don't have an issue with Dabo being public in his faith. What I have a problem with is the cheeseball, prosperity gospel nonsense that misinterprets Phillipians 4:13 at every opportunity.

TiderinAZ

1st Team
Sep 20, 2015
Carefree, AZ

Someone mentioned “burning bridges“, Saban and the process still have a lot of friends and contacts in the nfl.

Mr. Renfrow could use a slice of humble pie. Apparently Dabo didn’t get that message across to him.

Also, love having more motivational material for the training room.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Last thing I'll say on this for now is that I don't have an issue with Dabo being public in his faith. What I have a problem with is the cheeseball, prosperity gospel nonsense that misinterprets Phillipians 4:13 at every opportunity.
Prof..................you're 3 for 3 today.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Renfrow, the never ending Senior, Statement

Bring out the Legos boys. We gonna have some ROY fun!

Give me The Process every day over cheez whiz bubbly boys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)

The first thing Mr. Renfrow should do, the first day of camp with the Patriots, is give Belichick a wet willie. Just to liven things up a bit and give it that fambly atmosphere. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.