Link: Well! How now, Tucker?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Well! How now, Tucker?

Tucker done gone woke. (Hate that term)...

Vox
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Re: Well! How now, Tucker?

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post

Vox
    he made an immense fortune doling out the propaganda that has helped us get to this point.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

I suppose the right and the left coming together is a pipe dream and he ignores the 400 lb gorilla in the room. IMO, the conversion of religious attitudes - abortion, prayer in schools, etc. - into political principles, and their conflation with governmental principles, is the root of many of our problems...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    he made an immense fortune doling out the propaganda that has helped us get to this point.
    No doubt about that at all. However, if he can help - the enemy of my enemy...

No doubt about that at all. However, if he can help - the enemy of my enemy...
    well, he will have to drop the constant appeals to white nationalism for me to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-SEC

Vox
    It seems a very worthwhile debate. It begs the question of...with a middle class in continual decline for more than a generation what remains to fuel the economic engines including Wall Street?
    Last edited by UAH; January 11th, 2019 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UAH View Post
    It seems a very worthwhile debate. It begs the question of...with a middle class in continual decline for more than a generation what what remain to fuel the economic engines including Wall Street!
    imo, a lot of folks are going to have to stop conflating middle class/working class with "white" if we want to have a meaningful debate

- George Orwell

Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-SEC

imo, a lot of folks are going to have to stop conflating middle class/working class with "white" if we want to have a meaningful debate
    The fact that we shipped all of our manufacturing jobs to Japan then to China and other locations over the last thirty years is one of the reasons we have this rise of aggressive white nationalism. There is little room for discussion of the finer points of affirmative action when we have shuttered major cities in the mid west where the middle class both black and white once aspired to the American dream.

well, he will have to drop the constant appeals to white nationalism for me to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Jeez! I'm not giving him the benefit of anything. However, his current course cannot hurt...

Quote Originally Posted by UAH View Post
    The fact that we shipped all of our manufacturing jobs to Japan then to China and other locations over the last thirty years is one of the reasons we have this rise of aggressive white nationalism. There is little room for discussion of the finer points of affirmative action when we have shuttered major cities in the mid west where the middle class both black and white once aspired to the American dream.
    Well, I know who did it...

Jeez! I'm not giving him the benefit of anything. However, his current course cannot hurt...
    i think if he stays on it, they will just remove his show from fox and get someone else in to push their propoganda and he will disappear down the memory hole.

- George Orwell

Thomas Pynchon

i think if he stays on it, they will just remove his show from fox and get someone else in to push their propoganda and he will disappear down the memory hole.
    IDK. Even Coulter, whom some blame for the president's present wall mania, has been saying some odd things lately. I watch with interest...

IDK. Even Coulter, whom some blame for the president's present wall mania, has been saying some odd things lately. I watch with interest...
    their absurd worldview doesn't really coexist with reality very well. maybe seeing it in actual practice and the results it brings is causing their brain to short circuit.

- George Orwell

Thomas Pynchon