News Article: Magic mushroom decriminalization just got 8,000 signatures closer to being on Denver’

Legalize or not

• Legalize

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Dont legalize

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Magic mushroom decriminalization just got 8,000 signatures closer to ballot

Football's over, things are slow so this sounds interesting.
What say you?
Activists who hope to make Denver the first U.S. city to decriminalize psychedelic mushrooms moved a step closer to that goal Monday by turning in ballot petitions.
The initiative, if approved by voters in the May municipal election, would apply to the use and possession of psilocybin mushrooms, also called magic mushrooms, by adults 21 and older — by making it the lowest law-enforcement priority and barring the use of city resources to impose penalties.
https://www.denverpost.com/2019/01/07/denver-magic-mushrooms-legalization/
Personally, no reason to treat it any differently than alcohol.

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Re: Magic mushroom decriminalization just got 8,000 signatures closer to ballot

Like peyote, been around forever. Naturally occurring, nothing wrong with it IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea

Football's over, things are slow so this sounds interesting.
What say you?

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/01/07/denver-magic-mushrooms-legalization/
Personally, no reason to treat it any differently than alcohol.
Only tried them once, but found them pretty harmless. Probably less harmless than cannabis.

But to get over the stigma. A tough thing to do.

I am reading where research is now being done with low-dose LSD and MDMA for use with clinical depression and PTSD.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

It's been growing. Studies on the benefits of Psilocybin are already being done at places like Johns Hopkins. A lot of it is being done on cancer patients.

It will take a while for it to gain enough traction but I've seen more people discussing it more quickly than I thought possible. I think Michael Pollan probably helped move it along by writing his book.

Considering how prevalent depression is nowadays Idk why we wouldn't at least look into it. What we are currently trying certainly isn't working.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

It's been growing. Studies on the benefits of Psilocybin are already being done at places like Johns Hopkins. A lot of it is being done on cancer patients.

It will take a while for it to gain enough traction but I've seen more people discussing it more quickly than I thought possible. I think Michael Pollan probably helped move it along by writing his book.

Considering how prevalent depression is nowadays Idk why we wouldn't at least look into it. What we are currently trying certainly isn't working.
What??? You mean Thorazine doesn’t work??? [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea

The odd thing about psylocibin. It's legal to purchase the spores. It's legal to purchase to the substrate to grow them.

It's the free ticket to jail if you actually grow, or even have possession of the mushrooms themselves.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.