News Article: Magic mushroom decriminalization just got 8,000 signatures closer to being on Denver’

View Poll Results: Legalize or not

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Legalize

7 87.50%
  • Dont legalize

1 12.50%

Question Magic mushroom decriminalization just got 8,000 signatures closer to ballot

Football's over, things are slow so this sounds interesting.
    What say you?
    Activists who hope to make Denver the first U.S. city to decriminalize psychedelic mushrooms moved a step closer to that goal Monday by turning in ballot petitions.
    The initiative, if approved by voters in the May municipal election, would apply to the use and possession of psilocybin mushrooms, also called magic mushrooms, by adults 21 and older — by making it the lowest law-enforcement priority and barring the use of city resources to impose penalties.
    https://www.denverpost.com/2019/01/0...-legalization/
    Personally, no reason to treat it any differently than alcohol.
    Last edited by Bamaro; January 11th, 2019 at 06:31 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Magic mushroom decriminalization just got 8,000 signatures closer to ballot

Like peyote, been around forever. Naturally occurring, nothing wrong with it IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation First Team

I'm tired of those hippies trespassing in my cow pastures!

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Mushrooms are good food
    RIP Hub

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rizolltizide View Post
    Mushrooms are good food

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Magic mushroom decriminalization just got 8,000 signatures closer to being on Denver’

Quote Originally Posted by rizolltizide View Post
    Mushrooms are good food
    Remember what the dormouse said...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Re: Magic mushroom decriminalization just got 8,000 signatures closer to being on Den

Sounds like a trip.
    Just a barner.
    Off the Gus Bus and on the Pearl Parade!

Re: Magic mushroom decriminalization just got 8,000 signatures closer to being on Den

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    Football's over, things are slow so this sounds interesting.
    What say you?

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/01/0...-legalization/
    Personally, no reason to treat it any differently than alcohol.
    Only tried them once, but found them pretty harmless. Probably less harmless than cannabis.

But to get over the stigma. A tough thing to do.

I am reading where research is now being done with low-dose LSD and MDMA for use with clinical depression and PTSD.

BamaNation All-American

It's been growing. Studies on the benefits of Psilocybin are already being done at places like Johns Hopkins. A lot of it is being done on cancer patients.

It will take a while for it to gain enough traction but I've seen more people discussing it more quickly than I thought possible. I think Michael Pollan probably helped move it along by writing his book.

Considering how prevalent depression is nowadays Idk why we wouldn't at least look into it. What we are currently trying certainly isn't working.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    It's been growing. Studies on the benefits of Psilocybin are already being done at places like Johns Hopkins. A lot of it is being done on cancer patients.

It will take a while for it to gain enough traction but I've seen more people discussing it more quickly than I thought possible. I think Michael Pollan probably helped move it along by writing his book.

Considering how prevalent depression is nowadays Idk why we wouldn't at least look into it. What we are currently trying certainly isn't working.
    What??? You mean Thorazine doesn’t work???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk