Question: State of the union with Alabama football - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: State of the union with Alabama football

Couldn’t execute in the red zone, couldn’t get off the field on third down. Otherwise, there was very little difference between Bama-Clemson. Stats bear that out. The players that left were expected to leave, except maybe Jacobs, but after having another child, that was expected as well. Coaches leaving because The Maryland needed a local kid during a hard time , Enos caught fire as a QBs coach and became hot commodity as an OC candidate, Gattis got a job as an OC. Still have the #1 recruiting class coming in.

Young talent coming in, got within 7-8 plays of a national championship, and staff had coaches that other programs offered promotion jobs. Preseason #1 or #2 next year. Still have the GOAT! Not a bad state if you ask me.
    Last edited by bamaga; January 12th, 2019 at 09:24 AM.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation All-American russtang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bourbon View Post
    We are spoiled is shat is boils down to
    Pretty much it. Us fans have become entitled and full of rat poison. What's going to happen when Alabama loses a regular season game? Half the board will be jumping off the ledge and calling for CNS's head.

BamaNation Second Team

This “is” a sky is falling thread....and, the sky is not falling. CNS lost one game, Bama finished 14 and 1. It’s good to lose because it makes you hungry.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

[QUOTE=Texas_tide;3372466]I have felt we are not as prepared, mainly play calling. Have dominated by having 5 star talent all over the field.not outcoaching anyone on offense or defense.

I didn’t care Bama bringing in Maryland guy at the end.[/QUOTEI

I am wondering about all the coaches leaving. Some of them seem to be making lateral moves but I could be seeing this wrong. At any rate the facts are 14-1 and 127 other teams would trade places with us.
    Last edited by Redwood Forrest; January 12th, 2019 at 06:42 AM.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    I am wondering about all the coaches leaving. Some of them seem to be making lateral moves but I could be seeing this wrong. At any rate the facts are 14-1 and 127 other teams would trade places with us.
    Only Key was a lateral move. Enos wanted more power than Saban would give him and Gattis wanted to call plays.

I have to say that I'm not concerned as long as CNS is the one that is setting the culture of the team. I saw a tweet the other day by one of the players after the game on Monday. He basically said, "You either win or learn" and that is "growth mindset" mentality. So, this is something that is embedded in the culture and it will not be gone until CNS is no longer at Alabama. Roll Tide!
    Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation First Team

With so many coaches and players leaving and transferring at the same time, I can understand fans cause for concern. I don't know what's happening, but I hope the team and staff can get back to the top next season. I don't like the doom and gloom "The dynasty is over" stuff I'm reading on other boards though. RTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltidegirl205 View Post
    With so many coaches and players leaving and transferring at the same time, I can understand fans cause for concern. I don't know what's happening, but I hope the team and staff can get back to the top next season. I don't like the doom and gloom "The dynasty is over" stuff I'm reading on other boards though. RTR.
    Most fans are "Results driven" and not "Process". Wins and losses are instant dopamine rollercoaster rides and right now we in a trough after being whipped Monday night. So for many fans the world is ending. For Journalists and bloggers it's a time to get more clicks for the upcoming year and more $$$$. It's also a chance get a lot of Social media followers as fans check to see what's on the Rumormill!
    Last edited by Ldlane; January 12th, 2019 at 09:28 AM.
    Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

We haven't gone undefeated, then lost the national championship game, then had coaching and player attrition in, gosh . . . it's been at least two years. What ever will we do????

Tide's still rollin' folks . . .
    RTR

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

This question shows how "little" we really know about the football situation and what happens behind the curtain. The reality seems to be that we have a team where players come to prepare themselves for the next level -- and coaches for the next coaching promotion...whatever those may be.

We will just have to live with this...all our speculation is fun but meaningless.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead