Labryan Ray Arrested Tonight

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Speaking as someone who went to Bama, and has had 2 kids go to Bama...Yeah, they do. I had many a friend, as have my daughters that were arrested for this very thing. And being a rather large guy who looks threatening makes the chances even more likely. And trust me, the football players rarely get cut a break on this sort of thing. I am just glad it was not driving under the influence.
I recall one oppressively hot summer night when a group of about 10-15 of us students, which included 2-3 football players, were in the parking lot of Martha Parham hall. We were sitting on the hood of cars, drinking beer with someone's radio on. Just sitting there, not driving or being loud, just hanging out. All of a sudden 3 University Police (Rayfield's Raiders as they were referred to in those days) cars pulled into the parking lots with lights flashing. They exited their cars and proceeded to move toward us, they went straight to the football players, got them and took them to their cars. We were told to break it up and go home. Of course it was never mentioned in the Tuscaloosa News. Times have changed.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Yeah, it's hard to stand out for intoxication in a college town.
No one gets arrested for public intoxication on a college campus. He did something to get arrested and this was the charge. No idea what that was, and as long as it didn't include violence, don't really care. Not even sure why this is media worthy.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Of all the things one can get in trouble for on a college campus, this one bothers me the least.

He'll pay for it, but this is no biggie unless something else is released.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
No one gets arrested for public intoxication on a college campus. He did something to get arrested and this was the charge. No idea what that was, and as long as it didn't include violence, don't really care. Not even sure why this is media worthy.
Kids most definitely do get hit with public intox on college campuses. Like, a lot.

But this most definitely isn't newsworthy.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Man, he was really good at James Clemens. Hope he gets his act together.
Not sure a college kid drinking and getting arrested for publc intoxication deserves a "hope he gets his act together". Not good but don't think this indicates he has issues.

Texas_tide

Scout Team
Oct 16, 2018
Alert the church elders, college kid was drunk.

Pay a fine. Learn a lesson. Get punished and sit out half of the Duke game.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Worst case scenario is he’s suspended for the Duke game. Really a non issue as long as this was a one time thing..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I read that he was asked to leave a bar, refused, so the police were called.

ClemsonFan89

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 3, 2017
Aiken SC
Someone forced the 290lb 6ft4 D Lineman to drink in excessive then threw him out of a van drunk in downtown Tuscaloosa /blue font

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hold judgment period. Even if he just went out and got drunk. It happens to a lot of good people as well. This is very minor. What matters is if he learns from it and corrects it.

Texas_tide

Scout Team
Oct 16, 2018
I’m sure Saban is gonna explain every incident he is involved in will cost him money in the future.

Learn from ii and move forward.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Probably someone smarting off to him about the football game, and since football is life for those boys, it struck a nerve. I’m fine with this, looks sorry in his mugshot even.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Agree 100%

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Thanks - that is what I said - he had to be doing something beyond walking back to the dorms in an intoxicated state. Either he was more than just drunk, or the cop was a jerk. I was suggesting that he was more than just drunk when others indicated that this might not be true. I don't know how this works in Tuscaloosa. I know how it works in Ohio. Cops don't harass students in Columbus.
Sounds like me in college, (I liked my liquor)
My saving grace was that I was forcibly taught to say
Yes Sir, No Sir, Yes Mam, No Mam, and Please and Thank You.
Kept me out of trouble.
I was a polite drunk.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.