Game Thread: TAMU @ Alabama (2:30 tip on SECN)

CrimsonBloodn62

1st Team
Feb 1, 2002
Tuscumbia, AL
I just don’t understand some of the substitution patterns at times with CAJ. It’s as if we have no one in there that can carry the team at times. Also, it might just be me but I expect bad things to happen every time one certain player touches the ball. Especially if he drives towards the basket with the ball. In the end just another game Bama lost that should have won.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I'm a lifelong Bama fan and a graduate. If I had a son being recruited by Bama hoops, I'd advise him to go elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
It is painfully obvious that Bama and more importantly the decision makers,have just accepted the fact that the basketball program is fine being average or even below average at times.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
It is painfully obvious that Bama and more importantly the decision makers,have just accepted the fact that the basketball program is fine being average or even below average at times.
That doesn’t seem obvious. Of course he would get a chance for a season as these sophomores mature. Surely you’re not advocating a mid season change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
That doesn’t seem obvious. Of course he would get a chance for a season as these sophomores mature. Surely you’re not advocating a mid season change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not really advocating a mid season change. But the program is not in any better shape than it was when Grant was at Bama, or for that matter the years before even him. Until changes are made we will continue to see the same things on the court we have been seeing which is simply bad fundamental play. I am all for giving people chances but when is enough enough.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Do you realize who our AD is and his basketball reputation?

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Do you realize who our AD is and his basketball reputation?

Sure I know who he is and about the basketball reputation. Which makes it all the more suprising to me he continues to let this mediocrity continue. So are you saying you are totally fine with were the basketball program is? There is simply no reason a program like Bama should not be winning 20 + games every year and getting into the tournament regularly. That is simply not happening right now and will continue unless something changes.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Sure I know who he is and about the basketball reputation. Which makes it all the more suprising to me he continues to let this mediocrity continue. So are you saying you are totally fine with were the basketball program is? There is simply no reason a program like Bama should not be winning 20 + games every year and getting into the tournament regularly. That is simply not happening right now and will continue unless something changes.
He was hired January 2017, so this is only his second full basketball season. When do you think he should have made a change?

I’m sure the national reaction after firing him last year after Alabama’s first trip to the tournament in 5 years would have been great.

Something is up with Herb Jones. He only played 11 minutes today because of foul trouble. He’s not been the guy we all expected this season.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
He was hired January 2017, so this is only his second full basketball season. When do you think he should have made a change?

I’m sure the national reaction after firing him last year after Alabama’s first trip to the tournament in 5 years would have been great.

Something is up with Herb Jones. He only played 11 minutes today because of foul trouble. He’s not been the guy we all expected this season.

Good point. I wonder if the AD would give him a full four years on his watch. Fix the issues together. I would think Byrne would be good for Coach Johnson since he had so little CBB experience and Byrne so much.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
What exactly is Byrne’s basketball reputation? I read his Wikipedia article and it just talked about what he has done with football and baseball.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Had to record and watch but it was "live" to me. Can't believe what I just saw (or shouldn't believe but looks familiar). Very frustrated at the moment.

A&M opened up 2nd half with strategy to run the ball on every steal or rebound. The lead was steadily eaten away, very slowly. The big guy for A&M killed Bama and Bama could not stop #2 from penetrating with the ball.

Crazy that Bama couldn't put it away at the end once they regained the lead and maintained the advantage. Bama had 8 total turnovers for the game but 4 came within the last 4:19 of the game.

Big mistake by Petty to allow #2 to dribble up the sideline past him for the last second 3 point shot. He does this consistently in every game. How does he not know to seal off the sideline lane and make the player turn back inside?

A couple of plays in the 2nd half when a Bama guard took the ball in too deep for a layup attempt right in the big guy's face only to have it rejected. So many players, especially young players, see a few more feet of open court in front of them and don't understand that they need to pull up at that point.

Bama 18-29 on free throws for the game...

First half calls by the refs were awful; no home cooking for Bama.

So now Bama has put itself in a hole with a home SEC loss. Losing at LSU was okay but this loss is terrible.

Last edited:

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
When they were getting into the lane time after time and getting anything they wanted, I just don't understand why Avery did pack the lane and make the beat us from the perimeter. They were 2 for 18 from 3 until the lucky game winner.

We've given away 2 home games now because of no 2nd half defense. Avery just needs to tell them if you don't play defense you don't play.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.