Game Thread: TAMU @ Alabama (2:30 tip on SECN) - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Re: TAMU @ Alabama (2:30 tip on SECN)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside13 View Post
    It is painfully obvious that Bama and more importantly the decision makers,have just accepted the fact that the basketball program is fine being average or even below average at times.
    That doesnít seem obvious. Of course he would get a chance for a season as these sophomores mature. Surely youíre not advocating a mid season change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dayhiker View Post
    That doesnít seem obvious. Of course he would get a chance for a season as these sophomores mature. Surely youíre not advocating a mid season change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Not really advocating a mid season change. But the program is not in any better shape than it was when Grant was at Bama, or for that matter the years before even him. Until changes are made we will continue to see the same things on the court we have been seeing which is simply bad fundamental play. I am all for giving people chances but when is enough enough.

It is painfully obvious that Bama and more importantly the decision makers,have just accepted the fact that the basketball program is fine being average or even below average at times.
    Do you realize who our AD is and his basketball reputation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

What a terrible loss.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Honestly, the same thing happened in the UK game except they missed the buzzer beater. Iím pretty much ready to move on from CAJ after this year. 4 years of mediocrity is enough for me..
    To be fair he has won more top 25 games than we have in a long time.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

BamaNation Second Team

Seem that we'll win some of the tough games and lose lots of games we should win.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Do you realize who our AD is and his basketball reputation?

Sure I know who he is and about the basketball reputation. Which makes it all the more suprising to me he continues to let this mediocrity continue. So are you saying you are totally fine with were the basketball program is? There is simply no reason a program like Bama should not be winning 20 + games every year and getting into the tournament regularly. That is simply not happening right now and will continue unless something changes.

Sure I know who he is and about the basketball reputation. Which makes it all the more suprising to me he continues to let this mediocrity continue. So are you saying you are totally fine with were the basketball program is? There is simply no reason a program like Bama should not be winning 20 + games every year and getting into the tournament regularly. That is simply not happening right now and will continue unless something changes.
    He was hired January 2017, so this is only his second full basketball season. When do you think he should have made a change?

Iím sure the national reaction after firing him last year after Alabamaís first trip to the tournament in 5 years would have been great.

Something is up with Herb Jones. He only played 11 minutes today because of foul trouble. Heís not been the guy we all expected this season.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    He was hired January 2017, so this is only his second full basketball season. When do you think he should have made a change?

Iím sure the national reaction after firing him last year after Alabamaís first trip to the tournament in 5 years would have been great.

Something is up with Herb Jones. He only played 11 minutes today because of foul trouble. Heís not been the guy we all expected this season.

Good point. I wonder if the AD would give him a full four years on his watch. Fix the issues together. I would think Byrne would be good for Coach Johnson since he had so little CBB experience and Byrne so much.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by rja4bama View Post
    Seem that we'll win some of the tough games and lose lots of games we should win.
    We lost today at home to one of the worst teams in the league. Next Saturday we go to Knoxville to play probably the best team in the league and it would not surprise me if we win that game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

What exactly is Byrneís basketball reputation? I read his Wikipedia article and it just talked about what he has done with football and baseball.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Had to record and watch but it was "live" to me. Can't believe what I just saw (or shouldn't believe but looks familiar). Very frustrated at the moment.

A&M opened up 2nd half with strategy to run the ball on every steal or rebound. The lead was steadily eaten away, very slowly. The big guy for A&M killed Bama and Bama could not stop #2 from penetrating with the ball.

Crazy that Bama couldn't put it away at the end once they regained the lead and maintained the advantage. Bama had 8 total turnovers for the game but 4 came within the last 4:19 of the game.

Big mistake by Petty to allow #2 to dribble up the sideline past him for the last second 3 point shot. He does this consistently in every game. How does he not know to seal off the sideline lane and make the player turn back inside?

A couple of plays in the 2nd half when a Bama guard took the ball in too deep for a layup attempt right in the big guy's face only to have it rejected. So many players, especially young players, see a few more feet of open court in front of them and don't understand that they need to pull up at that point.

Bama 18-29 on free throws for the game...

First half calls by the refs were awful; no home cooking for Bama.

So now Bama has put itself in a hole with a home SEC loss. Losing at LSU was okay but this loss is terrible.
    Last edited by day-day; January 12th, 2019 at 09:35 PM.

Sorry guys. That's a kick in the head loss.
    Just a barner.
    Off the Gus Bus and on the Pearl Parade!