Game Thread: TAMU @ Alabama (2:30 tip on SECN)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
The way we’re playing we’ll be lucky to finish above .500 in conference. This is a terrible loss to a team we were favored over by 7 points. At home. Texas A&M had 3 losses in a row coming into this game and were 0-2 in conference and 6-7 overall. Just a really bad loss..

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
We finally get some points from Petty, and can't win because................well, lots of reasons, but not being able to inbound the ball..................

Gotta find something to do and clear my mind of that farce.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Really bad coaching/execution in the final minute.

1) 5 second violation on an in bounds with a timeout in your pocket.
2) In bound to Lewis who gets fouled quickly. Had Norris alone in the back court who would’ve run out the final 3.4.
3) Defense was HORRIBLE in the second half. No adjustments by Johnson to stop the same play they were running over and over.

Just inexcusable by all. Smh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

No excuse to blow that lead.

As an aside, 40+ free throws in one half is not what anyone wants to watch.

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
I don’t know how we win as many as we do with such terrible fundamentals. From horrible inbounding by Ingram to terrible defense by Petty on that last drive to lack of getting back on defense after a miss... I can stand a lot of things but watching the horrible fundamentals game after game is beyond irritating.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Really bad coaching/execution in the final minute.

1) 5 second violation on an in bounds with a timeout in your pocket.
2) In bound to Lewis who gets fouled quickly. Had Norris alone in the back court who would’ve run out the final 3.4.
3) Defense was HORRIBLE in the second half. No adjustments by Johnson to stop the same play they were running over and over.

Just inexcusable by all. Smh.

Bama didn’t have a TO on the inbounds.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Our execution of basic fundamentals at the end was horrible

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I don't see our veterans making veteran plays. Maybe I'm too critical. Today might be the breaking point for me.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Honestly, the same thing happened in the UK game except they missed the buzzer beater. I’m pretty much ready to move on from CAJ after this year. 4 years of mediocrity is enough for me..

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I don't see our veterans making veteran plays. Maybe I'm too critical. Today might be the breaking point for me.

Suffered through the Grant years were the team played defense but was clueless on the offensive end.

Now we have a team that can score but literally wave at the opponent as the drive to basket or leave them open for an easy jumper.

This was a bad loss...a really bad loss.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Honestly, the same thing happened in the UK game except they missed the buzzer beater. I’m pretty much ready to move on from CAJ after this year. 4 years of mediocrity is enough for me..
I partly agree with you. Some of Coach Johnson's struggles from the NBA have followed to the college game. I do wonder how bad the program was when he found it. We fans saw the obvious. Part of me believes the rebuild was more than we might've realized even after four years. I'm inclined to think the administration will give him at least one more year after this one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.