JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Texas A&M 81, Alabama 80: Any remaining goodwill is as good as gone now
by Chris DePew
TideFans Staff
January 12th, 2019 10:28 PM

By Chris DePew TideFans.com Staff Jan. 12, 2019 Texas A&M went just 3-for-19 from 3-point range, but that third make was a TJ Starks bank shot at the final buzzer to pull the Aggies back to the .500 mark with an 81-80 upset at Alabama. What did we learn today?: Inexplicably, this team full of […]

Read More Here...

BamaHoops

3rd Team
Jan 13, 2019
Texas A&M 81, Alabama 80: Any remaining goodwill is as good as gone now
by Chris DePew
TideFans Staff
January 12th, 2019 10:28 PM

By Chris DePew TideFans.com Staff Jan. 12, 2019 Texas A&M went just 3-for-19 from 3-point range, but that third make was a TJ Starks bank shot at the final buzzer to pull the Aggies back to the .500 mark with an 81-80 upset at Alabama. What did we learn today?: Inexplicably, this team full of […]

Read More Here...
Excellent article that sums it up. I would add that playing 10 players every game destroys any sort of offensive continuity. Often we look like a team that has never played - or even practiced - together. High level college hoops teams such as Duke, ‘Nova, Kansas, etc. rarely have more than a 7 man rotation - 8 at the very most. The glaring lack of fundamentals on basics like in-bounding the ball is apparent. Players do not develop under CAJ. Dazon Ingram is an example - no better than he was when he came into the program four years ago. AJ Jr. is a definite liability- when he aimlessly dribbles back and forth at the top of the key the remainder of our players on the court seem to get paralyzed. We have no discernible scheme for our half court offense. Coach Avery is a nice guy and a good promoter but I’ve seen nothing to suggest that he's a good coach at the Division 1 level. I’ve decided to “unbuckle”and not follow Bama hoops anymore. The fact that we still have implosions like Georgia State and TAM yesterday in Avery’s fourth season says it all. Last year is likely to be his “best” regardless of how many more years he's at Bama. Seven conference wins is our ceiling this year but I expect it will be five or six.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.