WAFF says Sarkisian - again??

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
IIRC, Sarkisian was the primary recruiter for Tua and from what I have read had a very good relationship with Tua's entire family. Now that Taulia is headed to Alabama and Tua has at least one more season this could have factored into CNS's decision to bring him back. I think there is more to this than we will ever know for sure.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I’m going to adopt a “ wait and see” attitude about the hire........ he’s not my first choice, but if he gets the job done and wins big, I will admit I was wrong about him........ but we shall see

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
SARK is a solid OC, but that’s it, solid. JMO, he’s not a bad choice or a good choice. He had problems with playcalling in the red zone at critical times over the last 2 years. I will go back to my other post on the other thread, he had problems manipulating defenses to get certain mismatches . Even with the best wide receiver in football .

Maybe getting back into playcalling will help, learning from mistakes. maybe another voice in the offense room will help. I trust Nick and what he is doing, he had a reason for hiring Sark. He sees something that a lot of us do not, even if it’s simply getting back to basics and a more conventional pro style offense.

Last edited:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Look, refurbed coaches is just one of the things we have to accept at Bama. It’s like 3 years and the draft for our stars or 1 and done at UK for b-ball. Coaches have a successful year or two here and they are poached. I’m of the mind that CNS has accepted this and would rather go with the known commodity rather than roll the dice with a wet behind the ears unproven coach. Some say that we might be experiencing that now. He’s got half the freaking CF championships for the last decade. That’s insane! I’m just going to trust the man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamafan1966

Scout Team
Sep 4, 2017
Sark has a much better resume than the last two hires.....Daboll and Locksley......and even Enos. I was a fan of Enos getting the job but facts are facts....

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
The defensive side of the ball is where Atlanta was lacking not the offense.
I’m not trying to start an argument, but you don’t get let go as an offensive coordinator because the defense is bad. And in 2017 , the falcons had a top 10 defense.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Look, refurbed coaches is just one of the things we have to accept at Bama. It’s like 3 years and the draft for our stars or 1 and done at UK for b-ball. Coaches have a successful year or two here and they are poached. I’m of the mind that CNS has accepted this and would rather go with the known commodity rather than roll the dice with a wet behind the ears unproven coach. Some say that we might be experiencing that now. He’s got half the freaking CF championships for the last decade. That’s insane! I’m just going to trust the man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very well said. Coach Saban trusts these guys and that is why they are promoted or brought back in to the program. Everybody seemed to be fired up about the hot new coaches he brought in last year like Golding, but now people think Golding is not that good. Give me the older guys because coaching the kids up is what is needed. We could still get by with a 5th place finish on signing day if we have good coaching.

bamafan1966

Scout Team
Sep 4, 2017
There`s only two kinds of coaches. Those that have been fired and those that are waiting to be.
Nick Saban was fired by OSU when he was secondary coach......Bill Belichick was fired by the Cleveland Browns.....seems like those two guys turned out okay....

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
I really don't like the hire, but I hope Sark does well. His offense in Atlanta in 2017 may have cost the Falcons a title shot. They were terrible in the red zone. I think they lost in the playoffs to the Eagles and had the ball inside the 10 with a chance to win the game and blew it. This year, Atlanta's defense was the real problem. Hope our field goal kicker gets better if red zone problems start occurring at Bama.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I’m not trying to start an argument, but you don’t get let go as an offensive coordinator because the defense is bad. And in 2017 , the falcons had a top 10 defense.
In Atlanta you do to save the Head coach's job. In 2018, yes they had personnel issues but they still underachieved on defense and the fact they were good in 2017 made it look worse.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Outside of Bama and the Cardinals, has anyone else been banging on Sark’s door since being let go by the Falcons?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.