WAFF says Sarkisian - again??

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I would actually prefer Sark to the other candidates being reported - Butch Jones and Long fron ND. People talking about the problems with Falcons have a point, but the Falcons have refused to address their dreadful offensive line. The production that the Falcons had on offense was actually amazing considering they had no blocking most weeks. I also think he may be looking to stay somewhere for awhile, which would be nice considering all the turnover we have had on the coaching staff.
Their defense is, and has been for years, awful. Atlanta is a black hole of unmet expectations and mediocrity.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Chip Long is not leaving Notre Dame to be a Co-OC and Sark is not leaving an NFL job on the table to be a Co-OC.

So figure it out. We're getting one or the other.
Yeah and that's why I laughed when folks were sending me this "dream fix" for their "worst nightmare". We would probably be dealing with the same thing we dealt with this year with two voices thinking two different things. Atleast when Lane messed up (on the field) there was a plan that everyone pretty much knew what the next step was. I think we need 1 OC and 1 OC only. If its Sark then I'm perfectly fine with that.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I would actually prefer Sark to the other candidates being reported - Butch Jones and Long fron ND. People talking about the problems with Falcons have a point, but the Falcons have refused to address their dreadful offensive line. The production that the Falcons had on offense was actually amazing considering they had no blocking most weeks. I also think he may be looking to stay somewhere for awhile, which would be nice considering all the turnover we have had on the coaching staff.
That and people keep forgetting that Devonte Freeman was injured all season. It leaves a massive hole in your offense when a star back is out and leaves the running game entirely in the hands of a situational back.

I also saw someone mention Julio not catching a TD pass until week 8 as an example of weak coaching. As if Sark was responsible for the double and triple teams Julio kept drawing in the RZ... Heck, if anything I give him props for designing the offense around Ridley and Sanu for 8 weeks, allowing defenses to loosen up on Julio, and allowing him to have a great back half of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I want one OC who can give us a 3-4 year commitment and not bounce for a HC job after a season or two. We need some offensive continuity.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
That and people keep forgetting that Devonte Freeman was injured all season. It leaves a massive hole in your offense when a star back is out and leaves the running game entirely in the hands of a situational back.

I also saw someone mention Julio not catching a TD pass until week 8 as an example of weak coaching. As if Sark was responsible for the double and triple teams Julio kept drawing in the RZ... Heck, if anything I give him props for designing the offense around Ridley and Sanu for 8 weeks, allowing defenses to loosen up on Julio, and allowing him to have a great back half of the season.

"He never threw to Julio" says the bama homer who doesn't look at the stats and see that rookie Calvin Ridley was T-7th for TD receptions.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL
I think Bama fans are being way too critical of this hire. Reading the various message boards, you would think Dave Rader is coming back to be OC.

Sark left a very bad taste in everyone’s mouth when he left, I get that. And it’s exacerbated by the fact that we just lost another NC to the same team on Monday. However, we all know that 2016 NCG was a very tough situation. Sark was thrown in there at a week’s notice with a QB who could not throw the ball. Not to mention Bo going down. I agree that he deserves some blame. If we ride D Harris, I believe we win. But it’s not like Saban couldn’t have stepped in at any time in that game if he wanted to.

A lot of Bama fans were happy when he was hired to replace Kiffin. With the Falcons, his offense was statistically good. His offenses at USC and Washington were phenomenal. If you weren’t complaining about Daboll and Locksley (two guys who failed miserably at previous stops), I don’t see how you can be upset about Sark.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think I can trust Sark in the cfb ranks with an offense that is as talented as those mid-aughts SoCal offenses.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
Give me a DC and an OC that will be here 4-10 years like Kirby and then leave for dream job way down the road. We need CONTINUITY!!!! RTR

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I also remember some folks were livid when Jim “whotheheckishe” McElwain was hired. He sucked so bad![emoji1749].[emoji3603] personally I’d love to have a Brent V. Type Off. Coordinator too that stays for years. I just don’t think that’s realistic unless you go with almost a complete unknown or someone who doesn’t want to be a HC. Those are like Leprechauns. Heck, even age doesn’t matter today with both CF and the NFL not holding youth against candidates.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Yup. If Kirby left when Saban and others initially expected then I reckon Pruitt never leaves for FSU and UGA then we get 5 years of Pruitt DC and I think it would've led to a few more national titles.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I also remember some folks were livid when Jim “whotheheckishe” McElwain was hired. He sucked so bad![emoji1749].[emoji3603] personally I’d love to have a Brent V. Type Off. Coordinator too that stays for years. I just don’t think that’s realistic unless you go with almost a complete unknown or someone who doesn’t want to be a HC. Those are like Leprechauns. Heck, even age doesn’t matter today with both CF and the NFL not holding youth against candidates.

I went and watched the few Fresno St 2007 highlights on youtube and tried to tell folks on here that he was going to be fantastic if the highlights gave an honest picture of his offense. You could immediate see that he was a guy with a complex running plan and not just an inside/outside zone guy. Sure enough, he immediately turned our offense into one of the hardest teams to bottle up on the ground despite mediocre QB talent to provide balance.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Give me a DC and an OC that will be here 4-10 years like Kirby and then leave for dream job way down the road. We need CONTINUITY!!!! RTR

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
If that is what you want it probably means we are winning 9-10 games a year. If we keep winning 12+ games a year our OC/DC's are going to be hired to be HC and not going to be here long. I will take the turnover.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
At least it brings a more familiarity type hire with Sark if he's hired as our OC, our players knows him & he has a good idea, as to what kind of offense fits our offensive players best with Tua running the show!!!!!!..

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I think Bama fans are being way too critical of this hire. Reading the various message boards, you would think Dave Rader is coming back to be OC.

Sark left a very bad taste in everyone’s mouth when he left, I get that. And it’s exacerbated by the fact that we just lost another NC to the same team on Monday. However, we all know that 2016 NCG was a very tough situation. Sark was thrown in there at a week’s notice with a QB who could not throw the ball. Not to mention Bo going down. I agree that he deserves some blame. If we ride D Harris, I believe we win. But it’s not like Saban couldn’t have stepped in at any time in that game if he wanted to.

A lot of Bama fans were happy when he was hired to replace Kiffin. With the Falcons, his offense was statistically good. His offenses at USC and Washington were phenomenal. If you weren’t complaining about Daboll and Locksley (two guys who failed miserably at previous stops), I don’t see how you can be upset about Sark.
That's why, while skeptical, I will withhold my judgment until I see what kind of product he puts on the field................we shall see

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.