WAFF says Sarkisian - again??

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
I don’t think it’s a bad hire, he has some familiarity with some of the players and the type of offense they run. I thought it was a bad move for Sark because he was brought in to run someone else’s offense. Everybody seems to forget as a analyst, you have no contact with the players, so what happened in the NCG couldn’t be laid all at his feet.
I agree with you. Also, since he has already left once, maybe he will hang around for a few years and give us some offense stability.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
If you weren’t complaining about Daboll and Locksley (two guys who failed miserably at previous stops), I don’t see how you can be upset about Sark.
Kiffin was an extremely unpopular hire at first and I think for some of the same reasons. We saw both sides of that as well, without Kiffin Alabama doesn't beat Clemson, without Kiffin's unprofessionalism, Alabama probably beats Clemson both times. So it is dual edged, but in this era I think you take the ones you can get, and Alabama still got a title with Kiffin.

The thing is, I really do wonder where these OMG he's terrible on offense people were with those other two hires. They did realize Locksley was 3-31 right? They also did realize that nearly every offense that Daboll ran was ranked near the bottom of the NFL (as with this year as well)? If only having a top ten NFL offense falls short of their expectations, how on earth could they stomach Daboll? So, I think the complaints we are hearing have a lot to do with things other than job performance, because Sark's resume is better than Daboll and Lockley's put together.

Last edited:

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Kiffin was an extremely unpopular hire at first and I think for some of the same reasons. We saw both sides of that as well, without Kiffin Alabama doesn't beat Clemson, without Kiffin's unprofessionalism, Alabama probably beats Clemson both times. So it is dual edged, but in this era I think you take the ones you can get, and Alabama still got a title with Kiffin.

The thing is, I really do wonder where these OMG he's terrible on offense people were with those other two hires. They did realize Locksley was 3-31 right? They also did realize that nearly every offense that Daboll ran was ranked near the bottom of the NFL (as with this year as well)? If only having a top ten NFL offense falls short of their expectations, how on earth could they stomach Daboll? So, I think the complaints we are hearing have a lot to do with things other than job performance, because Sark's resume is better than Daboll and Lockley's put together.
I don't think he was terrible at all on offense......................what I am concerned about are the "other" facets of him that we hear about from time to time. And I hope he slays those dragons and becomes very successful, but you still have to be somewhat concerned

I wasn't a fan of Daboll or Locksley either, which is why I am going to sit back and see what he puts out there before declaring him a boom or bust..............I hope he does well

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
The Falcons offense was pretty spectacular considering how abysmal the offensive line and blocking were. I think with time to implement his offense, he could put a spectacular product on the field.

TideRollsInOhio

Aug 20, 2018
For football decisions, In Saban I Trust. However, these refurb projects every year wear me out. IMHO these refurbs are not the kind of guys I typically "pull" for. Sark will be coaching my team and I'm sure he is capable, but I just watched the Falcons have a very under achieving year with him at the helm of of the Offense until he was fired. The one benefit is he knows the system we will be using. The key is if he can get that system translated from the booth to the field in-game on gamedays.
I don’t see this as a refurb. The guy has coaching experience on this staff. Saban knows what he is getting and you would assume he is comfortable that what he is getting will win games. Should be fine.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Ryan Anderson gave this a three thumbs down.
First of all, Ryan never played offense, so how much interaction did he ever have with Sark while he was at Bama?
Second, there were always questions about Ryan Anderson, from his suspension and missing a bowl game to his taking plays off. I personally know somebody who played football with him (against him) in HS but knew him well and was surprised a) he got a scholly to Bama and b) made it to the NFL - not because of his talent but because of who he was as a person. Maybe he changed as a person...and maybe he just doesn’t like Sark on a personal level.
Regardless, my feelings about RA’s twitter comment are:
Meh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
Call me a glass half full guy, but I am thinking that Sarkisian is a good hire. He has great experience, and already has a relationship with coach Saban, so he knows what to expect. I believe that his time next year that we will all be pleased with our offense. Look at the tools that he will have to work with? I think that he will help mature Tua into a great QB. Not to mention all of the GREAT receivers, and running backs. True were loosing Josh Jacobs, and Damien Harris, but the cupboard is far from bare @ running back.Yes, next year will be Najee coming out year. JMHO.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I think Sark is good hire and he was taking Clemson to school in the first half of his only game at Alabama. We lost a major part of that game when Bo went down and probably would've won had he not.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I may be proved wrong, but I believe CNS told Sarkisian that he was open to him coming back with the caveat that he commit to a minimum of three years. I realize the rumored hiring of Sarkisian has received mixed reviews on Tidefans; and to those who are skeptical I appreciate and understand their concerns. I also feel that Sarkisian's offensive strengths and philosophies are more in line with CNS's than Locksley, Daboll and Kiffin. Time will tell.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I think Sark is good hire and he was taking Clemson to school in the first half of his only game at Alabama. We lost a major part of that game when Bo went down and probably would've won had he not.
That and a couple of illegal plays that are apparently ok to run now....... I don’t blame that loss on him. One week to get it together isn’t much time. One wonders what it would have been like had he been scheming for a month or more

I am content to sit back and watch what happens........I think there are legit concerns, but knowing Saban I am sure those are addressed.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think it's only right to give the guy more of a chance than the national title game that in which he had no idea until the 11th hour he'd be participating in. The only thing I fear is he's only going to be here one year and be gone. Which as discussed in another thread, is something we'd like and probably need to get away from.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Bamabuzzard is right. Sark was promoted to OC few days before the National Championship. We would've won that game if for two things: If we had stopped the final play, and Bo hadn't got hurt.

I'm skeptical of this hire, but I have to admit he did what he could do with Atlanta offense with all injuries they had this year. I feel like He can bring the best out of Tua and Tauila.... but only thing I want to know is will he call the right plays in the right situations? With Sark, we will see balance of RPO, Spread and little Pro style... We can mix it up.. we have the personnel for that.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Ryan Anderson gave this a three thumbs down.
First of all, Ryan never played offense, so how much interaction did he ever have with Sark while he was at Bama?
Second, there were always questions about Ryan Anderson, from his suspension and missing a bowl game to his taking plays off. I personally know somebody who played football with him (against him) in HS but knew him well and was surprised a) he got a scholly to Bama and b) made it to the NFL - not because of his talent but because of who he was as a person. Maybe he changed as a person...and maybe he just doesn’t like Sark on a personal level.
Regardless, my feelings about RA’s twitter comment are:
Meh
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ryan gave this thumbs downs because like many posters on here he is now just a fan. He was here when Sark left right after taking the OC job. Like many of the players, and some fans, that were part of the team at that time they felt some type away about that. Even some of our former players held a grudge against him because of how quickly he left the program. Ryan was suspended, actually sent home from Miami, his freshman year for curfew violation and never got in trouble again after that. I can not recall him ever taking a play off. I know many people who played with and against him in high school including all his coaches. If anything he was sometimes to aggressive like the time he power drove a Fairhope running backs head in to the ground. The guy over achieved to the level of talent many thought he had. His motor is what got him drafted. Ask Coach Pruitt about his work ethic. He thought so highly of the guy that he named his child after him. Also not sure why anyone would have been surprised he got a scholly offer from Alabama. He got offered from just about everyone including Auburn. He was ranked top 80 nationally. Never played the recruiting game was a die hard Alabama fan so no drama on national signing day.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Its not my decision.
Its not my decision to make.
Its not my decision to make since I am not the head coach.
Coach Nick Saban will make the best decision for the University of Alabama football.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.