WAFF says Sarkisian - again??

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Ryan gave this thumbs downs because like many posters on here he is now just a fan. He was here when Sark left right after taking the OC job. Like many of the players, and some fans, that were part of the team at that time they felt some type away about that. Even some of our former players held a grudge against him because of how quickly he left the program. Ryan was suspended, actually sent home from Miami, his freshman year for curfew violation and never got in trouble again after that. I can not recall him ever taking a play off. I know many people who played with and against him in high school including all his coaches. If anything he was sometimes to aggressive like the time he power drove a Fairhope running backs head in to the ground. The guy over achieved to the level of talent many thought he had. His motor is what got him drafted. Ask Coach Pruitt about his work ethic. He thought so highly of the guy that he named his child after him. Also not sure why anyone would have been surprised he got a scholly offer from Alabama. He got offered from just about everyone including Auburn. He was ranked top 80 nationally. Never played the recruiting game was a die hard Alabama fan so no drama on national signing day.
The guy I know knew him personally. He was management level in his career, and said he was a friend of RA’s. I took him at his word.
it was probably that “over-aggressiveness” you mention.
Demarcus Cousins is a similar example.
He could have changed; people do that.
As a former player, he’s more than a “fan”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
I appreciate that Ryan Anderson has stated his opinion. He has been closer to the situation than most of us. My first thought about Sark was "oh no", but after consideration, I believe he was someone Coach Saban felt comfortable with. His offensive philosophy is probably what coach is aligned with.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Didn't Anderson hurt one of our players early on in his career during practice? I don't really care what a defensive player says about an offensive hiring anyways.

As for Sark, I don't understand the crying about him. He coached one game that happened to give him about a weeks notice that he was going from an analyst to the OC in that one week. Not to mention he lost Bo during the game and he was facing one of if not the best college QB we have probably ever seen to boot. That's pretty dang hard to overcome. He could be extremely valuable to us as he is a great offensive coordinator IMHO. I just don't see why so many are crying over him coming back.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
I don't remember the details from when he left for Atlanta, but is it possible that both he and CNS were aware of the Atlanta situation, and CNS asked him to coach the championship game before leaving? I would think that since he was just an analyst that Atlanta could have contacted him before season's end.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I think it's only right to give the guy more of a chance than the national title game that in which he had no idea until the 11th hour he'd be participating in. The only thing I fear is he's only going to be here one year and be gone. Which as discussed in another thread, is something we'd like and probably need to get away from.
For the life of me, I can't understand why it seems impossible to get an honest answer when asking an assistant coach whether they would make a commitment to stay longer than one year.

At best, we hire people who say what we want them to say..."yes, I'm not going to jump ship after one year" but then getting them to do it is a completely different animal.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.