WAFF says Sarkisian - again?? - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789
    BamaNation First Team

Re: WAFF says Sarkisian - again??

I don't remember the details from when he left for Atlanta, but is it possible that both he and CNS were aware of the Atlanta situation, and CNS asked him to coach the championship game before leaving? I would think that since he was just an analyst that Atlanta could have contacted him before season's end.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Incorrect.
    I stand corrected. Saban left Cleveland the year before Belichick was fired.
    [color=darkred]Logic gets you from A to Z while curiosity takes you everywhere else.[/color]

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by spock* View Post
    I stand corrected. Saban left Cleveland the year before Belichick was fired.
    The only job Saban was fired from was Ohio St
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Any idea when this going to be announced?
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Any idea when this going to be announced?
    in the past, CNS has waited until he has several positions to announce at the same time. I imagine he will wait to announce all the offensive staff additions at the same time, as long as it doesn't take too long to fill them.

BamaNation All-American BamaBuc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spock* View Post
    An NFL also fired Saban
    Saban left the Dolphins with Wayne Huizenga's blessings! Now if the Dolphins stupid doctors had cleared Drew Brees, Saban would still be with the Dolphins!
    “Show Class, Have Pride And Display Character. If You Do, Winning Takes Care Of Itself.” - Paul 'Bear' Bryant
    "Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate." - John F. Kennedy

BamaNation All-American BamaBuc's Avatar

Personally, anything that keeps an Golden Dome'er away from the Capstone is a great thing...!
    “Show Class, Have Pride And Display Character. If You Do, Winning Takes Care Of Itself.” - Paul 'Bear' Bryant
    "Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate." - John F. Kennedy

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I think it's only right to give the guy more of a chance than the national title game that in which he had no idea until the 11th hour he'd be participating in. The only thing I fear is he's only going to be here one year and be gone. Which as discussed in another thread, is something we'd like and probably need to get away from.
    For the life of me, I can't understand why it seems impossible to get an honest answer when asking an assistant coach whether they would make a commitment to stay longer than one year.

At best, we hire people who say what we want them to say..."yes, I'm not going to jump ship after one year" but then getting them to do it is a completely different animal.