WAFF says Sarkisian - again??

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I always felt like his leaving for the Falcons was a bad idea. Sark is the college guy, Daboll is the (mediocre) pro guy. That swap was just ill-conceived.

Sark is a quarterbacks guy, he sent a lot of guys to the NFL. He's also very qualified on the offensive side of the ball, if you just contrast him to Daboll, he's done far better in the NFL as well.

The off field stuff puts a cloud over this, but if Sark behaves this could be a great hire.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'm not as concerned about his NFL performance because the Falcons problems are not entirely on him...and his offense in Atlanta has been very solid by all the metrics. He got terminated after calling an offense that produced one of the better seasons for a QB that didn't make the playoffs. The Falcons last two seasons have been like an extended version of our national title game on Monday. They seemingly never made those couple plays a game that are the difference between a W or a L. I don't know if that is all on playcalling. They have a penchant for missing a block in a big spot, their pro bowl QB throwing one of his few bad balls in a game when he needed to do it the least, or the defense getting torched when they absolutely needed a stop.

I wouldn't even put it all on him calling a mediocre to poor game in the 2nd half back in 2016. What I'm more concerned with is the up and down offenses he had at Washington and SoCal when he was the OC (post-Kiffin) or HC.

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
Ryan and Sark made a pretty good team at screwing things up. But i guess to be fair, so did Ryan and Shanahan—but in the SB.

Last edited:

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
I don’t think it’s a bad hire, he has some familiarity with some of the players and the type of offense they run. I thought it was a bad move for Sark because he was brought in to run someone else’s offense. Everybody seems to forget as a analyst, you have no contact with the players, so what happened in the NCG couldn’t be laid all at his feet.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Dear Lord what does CNS have to do to convince fans that his hiring decisions are sound? If he hires Nancy Pelosi as his DC I will assume he secretly interviewed her for 100 hours and she took some battery of secret tests and outscored everyone except CNS.

Why do we think an NFL team hired Sark? Maybe because he's extremely talented.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Dear Lord what does CNS have to do to convince fans that his hiring decisions are sound? If he hires Nancy Pelosi as his DC I will assume he secretly interviewed her for 100 hours and she took some battery of secret tests and outscored everyone except CNS.

Why do we think an NFL team hired Sark? Maybe because he's extremely talented.
An NFL team also fired him.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
An NFL team also fired him.
A few NFL teams also fired Daboll... he still won a championship at Alabama.

That was one hire that never sat well with me, and in the end Alabama still won a title. I'm not worrying about a far better offensive mind being hired.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
For football decisions, In Saban I Trust. However, these refurb projects every year wear me out. IMHO these refurbs are not the kind of guys I typically "pull" for. Sark will be coaching my team and I'm sure he is capable, but I just watched the Falcons have a very under achieving year with him at the helm of of the Offense until he was fired. The one benefit is he knows the system we will be using. The key is if he can get that system translated from the booth to the field in-game on gamedays.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
For football decisions, In Saban I Trust. However, these refurb projects every year wear me out. IMHO these refurbs are not the kind of guys I typically "pull" for. Sark will be coaching my team and I'm sure he is capable, but I just watched the Falcons have a very under achieving year with him at the helm of of the Offense until he was fired. The one benefit is he knows the system we will be using. The key is if he can get that system translated from the booth to the field in-game on gamedays.
I agree. And, while I've never been a fan of Sark, I do believe that after his 2 years of calling plays in the NFL we'll see a much better product on the field than his last game here.

bamafan1966

Scout Team
Sep 4, 2017
The national championship game he called was the first game in what two years he had called plays??? Also we was working with an offense with no vertical passing game......Also the receivers had three key drops of well placed balls that would have produced first downs.....

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
This is actually a pretty good hire. Once everyone steps off the ledge they've been on this week, they'll see it
I hope you are correct. On the surface, I thought it was a joke, but I have a feeling that Coach Saban will still manage to put a solid team on the field that represents the University of Alabama in a positive manner.

Wakecrash

Suspended
Sep 22, 2018
Crimson Colored glasses time, He has done the head coach thing, has done the pro thing, now reached a time in his life he sees the Alabama job as a place to settle for a while and turns down an OC job in the pros. A talented guy that will be a successful OC at Alabama for the next 5+ years. One unpleasant stress point in Saban's life over, he now spends more time developing dominating defense.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.