Question: Could the 2018 Season be the Reason We See Recruiting Changes Again?

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
I’m not a rules expert so somebody on here may have to sort this question out, but this is just a thought:

We all saw the success on the recruiting trail by bringing in a younger staff and that also could have been the reason we lost the NCG due to the sacrifice of youth over more experienced coaches.

By NCAA rules, we’re allowed so many on-field and (I’m assuming) off-field positions. How many of those off the field positions are allowed to recruit? Would it be risky to consider shifting some of the recruiting weight to a few of those off the field coaches to help with allowing some key positions coaches to focus solely on the players?

Would the NCAA even allow this?

If they did, wouldn’t you think that could be a new trend in CFB or am I just thinking of something that is already in place?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I’m not a rules expert so somebody on here may have to sort this question out, but this is just a thought:

We all saw the success on the recruiting trail by bringing in a younger staff and that also could have been the reason we lost the NCG due to the sacrifice of youth over more experienced coaches.

By NCAA rules, we’re allowed so many on-field and (I’m assuming) off-field positions. How many of those off the field positions are allowed to recruit? Would it be risky to consider shifting some of the recruiting weight to a few of those off the field coaches to help with allowing some key positions coaches to focus solely on the players?

Would the NCAA even allow this?

If they did, wouldn’t you think that could be a new trend in CFB or am I just thinking of something that is already in place?
Analysts cant recruit off the campus.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't think the analysts can recruit. Just the actual coaches.
I think you can assign any off-campus recruiters you want but it can't be more than 10 + head coach. I've actually considered that they could do this with an old OL coach who may be interested in just teaching. You have an S&C assistant be the recruiter in that spot instead.

I may be wrong about this but I know this is definitely a thing when new staffs are being built or you're replacing guys who got new jobs.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I think you can assign any off-campus recruiters you want but it can't be more than 10 + head coach. I've actually considered that they could do this with an old OL coach who may be interested in just teaching. You have an S&C assistant be the recruiter in that spot instead.

I may be wrong about this but I know this is definitely a thing when new staffs are being built or you're replacing guys who got new jobs.
I don't think that's correct. When a coach leaves you can temporarily assign someone to recruit in his place but I think the primary coaches are the only ones who can recruit off campus.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.