Go Pro Questions

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Mrs. Basket Case and I are planning a cycling trip in Burgundy in May.

I'm thinking a Go Pro would be worthwhile, with the possibility of some pretty cool scenery shot with the camera mounted on the bicycle helmet.

Anybody have any thoughts on that?

I'm particularly interested in weight, as it would be on my noggin for extended periods of time. Also, any suggestions as to the particular model? I just want to be able to play the video on my TV, which I know needs an HDMI cable, which is no problem. No plans for drone footage or anything fancy.

Final questions-- what's the time capacity of the memory card, can you do multiple cards, and how much do they cost?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
We use a GoPro Hero 5 when mountain biking. We actually use a Gimbal and my husband wears it on a chest mount. It makes everything really smooth on the video.

But, we have also worn it on the helmet mount and he said it can get heavy sometimes. I think they make ones called "session" which are much smaller and lighter.

And your last question about the memory cards..it just depends. We usually use a 128gb card. They go higher than that too. But memory cards are so cheap nowadays on Amazon, that you can buy multiple ones just in case.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.