UA Coaching Carousel - Discussion of Hires... - Page 26
Page 26 of 97 FirstFirst ... 161920212223242526272829303132333676 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: 2018-19 Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    Jones had decent offenses at UT - no defense to go with them.
    I don’t know how much of either was on him, I do know he had a lot of injuries to deal with and little depth.
    Tee Martin is a non starter ( who even brought up his name?) and Dooley is an enigma.
    CNS has his work cut out for him but I’m guessing he will fill all vacancies before the end of next week. I just hate seeing this year after year - has any team ever gone through this much coaching change and had the level of success Bama has?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If coach considers Dooley, I hope he has burned his

ORANGE PANTS.
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; January 12th, 2019 at 12:31 AM. Reason: format

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Brobrettjohnson View Post
    How do yíall feel about a coach-in-waiting? Donít ask me who because I have no clue lol. The upside to that would give some stability. I guess a downside would be like the Mac Brown ordeal.
    Our reject didn't do that well as the Texas Coach In Waiting.
    The Little guys with the Big Hats (Money guys) finally took control
    and sent Major packing.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    I hope this is not correct!
    T.Martin still stinks of ORANGE...

This is what Gattis had to say when he was introduced at UM. Maybe his idea of great and successful are different from those of Coach Saban.
    'It is an honor and a privilege to join the University of Michigan football family under Coach Harbaugh, one of the most successful head coaches in all of football,'' Gattis said. ''I am deeply humbled by the opportunity to serve as your offensive coordinator. This is the leadership challenge I've coveted. The football tradition at the University of Michigan is among the very best in college athletics. My family and I couldn't be more excited to arrive in Ann Arbor.''

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toddrn View Post
    This is what Gattis had to say when he was introduced at UM. Maybe his idea of great and successful are different from those of Coach Saban.
    'It is an honor and a privilege to join the University of Michigan football family under Coach Harbaugh, one of the most successful head coaches in all of football,'' Gattis said. ''I am deeply humbled by the opportunity to serve as your offensive coordinator. This is the leadership challenge I've coveted. The football tradition at the University of Michigan is among the very best in college athletics. My family and I couldn't be more excited to arrive in Ann Arbor.''
    That tells you that he wanted to call plays at Alabama and did not get that gig, so he went to a program that would let him call plays. Pretty much what we all thought.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Bringing in Tee Martin signals desperation to me. I hope this is not true. If he couldnít get it done at SC, what on earth would make one think he can get it done at Bama?
    It would be as big a mistake as Butch Jones.......I donít think Saban is that desperate

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    That tells you that he wanted to call plays at Alabama and did not get that gig, so he went to a program that would let him call plays. Pretty much what we all thought.
    Kind of an aside, but itís funny how people refer to a successful play as a brilliant call, or an unsuccessful one as a bad call.
    I havenít seen one offensive coordinator playing on the field in my lifetime, yet players seldom get blamed.
    Iím not talking about botched fake field goal attempts, just regular plays.
    Sometimes it ainít about the play call, but the play execution. actually, IMO itís mostly about that.
    As for Enos, he had the experience but I donít ever see CNS giving up the authority to hire assistants to coordinators on either side of the ball. Iím amazed that Enos even thought he would, which tells me he never intended to stay, just wanted to pad his resume.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation Second Team Cr1msoN4life's Avatar

Whomever he chooses. I hope its people that arnt one and done. We need continuity and commitment coupled with bright minds. I know I want a lot. LOL but they are out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-SEC

I don't blame Enos for wanting control of his position coaches, and I don't blame CNS for wanting control of his recruiters. Of all the names tossed out there Larry Fedora makes more sense to me than any other. I will say that there should be no shortage of suitors to take the keys of this offense.

Rtr

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

I would take Fedora as OC and Tee Martin as QB coach.

How about Prothro as WR coach?
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I would take Fedora as OC and Tee Martin as QB coach.

How about Prothro as WR coach?
    i definitely think if Martin is brought in its for QBís. Heís coached some successful QBs. I know no one here likes him but Saban only cares about his ability to perform.

BamaNation Second Team Cr1msoN4life's Avatar

Nah ill pass on ole T. martin..Id take petrino or freeze though (even if for 1 year). Fedora is a negative for me as well

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

I am still not sure there are people waiting in line to work for CNS, as most think. Of the names mentioned, if you want an OC who will be around for awhile, is a good recruiter, and knows what CNS wants then Derek Dooley is your choice.

I do not understand where the idea that Butch Jones was a great recruiter when he was the HC of Tennessee came from. If you want just a recruiter then Tee Martin would fit that bill. I believe replacement assistants and OC will be coaches we have either not heard of or did not think of.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner