UA Coaching Carousel - Discussion of Hires...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: First Head Coaching Casualty of 2018

Not sure why Dunaway deleted the tweet and then came back with the same thing a few minutes later. Here it is...

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1070689034886774785

https://twitter.com/jimdunaway/status/1070689034886774785

I'm not sure much might have changed between now and when CNS was discouraged about hiring Freeze.

But Freeze would no doubt benefit the most from working with CNS. Being CNS's offensive or defensive coordinator is basically spending a year or two making yourself the next "hot" assistant. Not sure Taggart or Gus produces the same opportunities.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I'm not sure much might have changed between now and when CNS was discouraged about hiring Freeze.

But Freeze would no doubt benefit the most from working with CNS. Being CNS's offensive or defensive coordinator is basically spending a year or two making yourself the next "hot" assistant. Not sure Taggart or Gus produces the same opportunities.
I believe that he had a 1 year show cause, which has expired.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia

Freeze will do alright there. As long as he learns to keep a burner phone when he dials up hookers and massage parlors.
I was thinking of the difference between Freeze and Kiffin. Freeze didn't have the confidence or self esteem to go the free route; had to pay for his enjoyment. Kiffin, on the other hand, was a player. Frankly, wouldn't want either type around but not my call!

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Re: 2018-19 Coaching Carousel

We currently have 4 players committed from that area now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Comparing Maryland to Alabama . . . one is the stepchild of the league, lucky to get 7 or 8 wins, the other the pinnacle of the best conference in college football. Do players sign with coaches or schools?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I read that Mike L has offered Gattis to join his staff. Saban may counter with more money and job title to get him to stay. Hopefully we can hold on to Gattis because he's a great recruiter and a good WR coach but if Mike L has offered him the OC position it's going to be hard for Saban to come up with an offer to match that in terms of exposure and upward mobility for this upcoming season..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I read that Mike L has offered Gattis to join his staff. Saban may counter with more money and job title to get him to stay. Hopefully we can hold on to Gattis because he's a great recruiter and a good WR coach but if Mike L has offered him the OC position it's going to be hard for Saban to come up with an offer to match that in terms of exposure and upward mobility for this upcoming season..
https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1070748863365967873?s=19

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Aside from the denials, Gattis was the Co-OC this year. He probably gets the OC job with an assistant to be his Co-OC next year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Then you may lose Dan Eno... maybe.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
He is the assistant head coach. He is the guy learning the most at Alabama right now. Not sure why he would have taken the job at Alabama only to leave after a year for something other than a head coaching job.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He is the assistant head coach. He is the guy learning the most at Alabama right now. Not sure why he would have taken the job at Alabama only to leave after a year for something other than a head coaching job.
His title is "Associate Head Coach/QBs." Kuligowski is "Associate Head Coach/DL."

Pretty sure they got those titles just to warrant the salary, which was given to lure them to Tuscaloosa.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

His title is "Associate Head Coach/QBs." Kuligowski is "Associate Head Coach/DL."

Pretty sure they got those titles just to warrant the salary, which was given to lure them to Tuscaloosa.
Maybe, but my understanding was that Enos was in all of the meetings, offense and defense. Maybe I got that mixed up. I know that Meyer was doing that with Day, even though he was the OC.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

I agree but, I don't see CNS getting Dan and me on a conference call soliciting our input. How much impact will losing Locksley affect our recruiting in the DC, VA and MD region?
Our recruiting may take a hit in the Geo. area Maryland works the hardest.
A lot depends on who Locksley takes with him to his new gig.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.