UA Coaching Carousel - Discussion of Hires...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: First Head Coaching Casualty of 2018

Locks, Key and Gattis. This gets old year after year.

rtr
Such is life at Bama. Everybody wanting the Midas "Process" touch and who can blame them. We will re-load with some more good experienced and up and comers. Hoping Saban does not feel it is getting old and tiresome.

MTGYBama

Sep 12, 2018
Prattville, AL
Re: 2018-19 Coaching Carousel

Seems its a double edged sword. If you have a young, upcoming assistant worth his salt he's gonna attract attention from other programs, but older ones who may be established and better coaches have a diminished desire for the recruiting, long hours, and are not as 'hungry'...

For what its worth, Saban has done an excellent job replacing assistants, but he's still human. He will make the 'right' hire, but it may not necessarily be a great fit over multiple seasons. I have full confidence Saban will find the right balance.

Guys, it sucks, but we just went 14-1, SEC Champs, and by the results of the title game, we may have OVERACHIEVED due to the circumstances with defense, early departures, coaching changes, etc.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

This is pretty ridiculous. If Enos isn't going to be OC then we need to hire a position coach as OC who has no experience as OC but is consider very bright. Go younger maybe idk.

It seems like the only way we can keep a coordinator or position coach is if they don't already have a solid resume built up.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

While I hate losing Gattis, I feel better about it because he's going with Locks. It's not like another coach is coming after a position coach to promote him to OC. It's normal for a guy to take one or two with him. It sucks it's happening again, but I can understand it.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Locksley, Key and Gattis are all excellent recruiters. I am not sure if Key and Locksley will be missed as position coaches except from a continuity standpoint. All three are receiving significant promotions and all that goes with it so it is difficult to find fault with them improving their careers.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

This is pretty ridiculous. If Enos isn't going to be OC then we need to hire a position coach as OC who has no experience as OC but is consider very bright. Go younger maybe idk.

It seems like the only way we can keep a coordinator or position coach is if they don't already have a solid resume built up.
I though Enos had already been named OC....... I don’t see Saban losing him

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Keep that in mind that if any coaches from Saban's staff goes somewhere and take a lateral job, usually it means that Saban "encouraged" them to look around.

Gattis have been wanting to be OC for a while, and I guess he saw the writing on the wall.

I don't think Saban is done just yet. We might see more coaches leaving before Monday.

RT3413

All-American
Sep 14, 2004
Atlanta, GA

I though Enos had already been named OC....... I don’t see Saban losing him
I wouldn't rule out Enos leaving by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I think it's far more likely than not that he leaves. It's very well known that he has not enjoyed his time with Saban and it's worn on him far more than expected.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Huh?

I wouldn't rule out Enos leaving by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I think it's far more likely than not that he leaves. It's very well known that he has not enjoyed his time with Saban and it's worn on him far more than expected.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Huh?????

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

It's so well known no one is talking about it?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.