UA Coaching Carousel - Discussion of Hires...

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Re: 2018-19 Coaching Carousel

I wouldn't rule out Enos leaving by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I think it's far more likely than not that he leaves. It's very well known that he has not enjoyed his time with Saban and it's worn on him far more than expected.
Where is this coming from??? No one has hinted at anything like this...

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005

I wouldn't rule out Enos leaving by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I think it's far more likely than not that he leaves. It's very well known that he has not enjoyed his time with Saban and it's worn on him far more than expected.
Huh from me also?
... apparently, it's not that well known on this forum :D

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

At this point Ga. Tech is not lateral. It's a downward move IMHO.
Yah, I mean position-wise. Even OC at GT would be a step down from Bama, but the point is he's not even getting that - he's just moving to the same position elsewhere. Seems like the only time that happens is when CNS wants someone new in that spot.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Well known by whom? I haven't seen any indication that he hasn't enjoyed being at Bama

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004

... apparently, it's not that well known on this forum :D
Add me to the list, as well. I think Enos is a very good QB coach and would be a good OC. I hope he stays.

I think we may have seen in the CFP that we have (had) some energetic, young coaches who are really good recruiters, but perhaps they lack the experience to be really good gameday coaches. When we took the lead 16-14 against Clemson, they made some adjustments. We didn't. And the result was 30 unanswered points.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

The man who even willingly attended defense meetings? Just to learn? Don’t think so

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

If Enos wants to be a head coach he would be wise to stay a couple of years. Mac, Kirby, Pruitt, Locks, Kiffin. Our coordinators tend to get pretty jobs.

Rtr

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Yah, I mean position-wise. Even OC at GT would be a step down from Bama, but the point is he's not even getting that - he's just moving to the same position elsewhere. Seems like the only time that happens is when CNS wants someone new in that spot.
Apparently was told before Christmas a change was going to occur

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Yeah, I was trying to discern which left of their own will and which didn't............
IMO - anyone who left in a lateral move may have done so willingly, with encouragement. And since none were promoted to HC, I’m thinking even those given dubious “ coordinator” positions (Michigan didn’t even have an OC last year) were encouraged to seek employment elsewhere.
You don’t work for CNS unless you want to be the best because that’s what he demands. Some don’t think you have to work that hard to be the best. It’s just my opinion but I don’t think you work for him if you don’t work at least as hard as he does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

IMO - anyone who left in a lateral move may have done so willingly, with encouragement. And since none were promoted to HC, I’m thinking even those given dubious “ coordinator” positions (Michigan didn’t even have an OC last year) were encouraged to seek employment elsewhere.
You don’t work for CNS unless you want to be the best because that’s what he demands. Some don’t think you have to work that hard to be the best. It’s just my opinion but I don’t think you work for him if you don’t work at least as hard as he does.

I don't think anyone can outwork Saban..............but you have to at least work to the standard, which has paid off.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

I don't think anyone can outwork Saban..............but you have to at least work to the standard, which has paid off.
I think you're right, CNS doesn't ask any coach to work any harder than he does. Also, wouldn't a coach know what he's getting into by coming to work for Coach Saban? If you're not willing to put in the time, don't take the job.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

I think you're right, CNS doesn't ask any coach to work any harder than he does. Also, wouldn't a coach know what he's getting into by coming to work for Coach Saban? If you're not willing to put in the time, don't take the job.
Hey, it ain’t easy working for a perfectionist. Everybody wants to learn from the best.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.

I read a comment on a reputable site that said there is "speculation" that Saban wants to talk to Dave Aranda. Is there anything to this?

I don't know the story with Aranda. He is very highly regarded as a DC why is he not mentioned as a head coach candidate. Is he someone that is content to be a coordinator?

Last edited:

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

I read a comment on a reputable site that said there is "speculation" that Saban wanted to talk to Dave Aranda. Is there anything to this?

I don't know the story with Aranda. He is very highly regarded as a DC why is he not mentioned as a head coach candidate. Is he someone that is content to be a coordinator?
I think he is making about $2.5 mil a year so no reason to be a HC when you're making that kind of money. It would probably take $3-$3.5 mil to get him away from LSU which I seriously doubt we would pay. Plus, I would think this is not true because the only way someone like Aranda would become the DC at Bama is for Nick Saban to turn the control of the the defense to him. Unless CNS is at that point in his career when he is ready to step back a bit and become more of a manager head coach instead of a dictator head coach then I don't see that happening.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.