UA Coaching Carousel - Discussion of Hires...

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Re: 2018-19 Coaching Carousel

Feels like a mix at this point.
Probably, I don’t know who we get right now as a proven OC, Kliff had his eyes set on the NFL from the jump, Hugh Freeze is at Liberty, if you look in the NFL, the only ones I could think of that could end up at Alabama are Mark Helfrich and please don’t flame me but...Mike Shula.

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia

IMO - anyone who left in a lateral move may have done so willingly, with encouragement. And since none were promoted to HC, I’m thinking even those given dubious “ coordinator” positions (Michigan didn’t even have an OC last year) were encouraged to seek employment elsewhere.
You don’t work for CNS unless you want to be the best because that’s what he demands. Some don’t think you have to work that hard to be the best. It’s just my opinion but I don’t think you work for him if you don’t work at least as hard as he does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't want to work hard

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Anyone know who we would go after based on previous searches?

Maybe we can drag Kiffin away from FAU LOL (I know many of you would hate that)

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

Sarkisian is out of work, but I don't know how many here would vote for him to return?

rtr

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Probably, I don’t know who we get right now as a proven OC, Kliff had his eyes set on the NFL from the jump, Hugh Freeze is at Liberty, if you look in the NFL, the only ones I could think of that could end up at Alabama are Mark Helfrich and please don’t flame me but...Mike Shula.
As strange as things are, I wouldn’t ever rule out Freeze.........and that might be in the works. I’m just speculating, but Saban might wind up with him

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018

Anyone know who we would go after based on previous searches?

Maybe we can drag Kiffin away from FAU LOL (I know many of you would hate that)
I would mind that. Kiffin is the only one who beat Clemson BTW

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I thought this offseason I would finally get some work done and now I have to constantly stay on Tidefans to get updates on the OC and assistant coach searches.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx

Sarkisian is out of work, but I don't know how many here would vote for him to return?

rtr
Absolutely not!

As strange as things are, I wouldn’t ever rule out Freeze.........and that might be in the works. I’m just speculating, but Saban might wind up with him
At some point, we might just have to tell the commissioner to pound sand and hire who we want to hire.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx

Plot twist. After ditching his obligation to be the OC at USC in order to take the HC in the NFL with the Cardinals, Kliff Kingsbury changes his mind again and agrees to be Alabama's OC.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.