UA Coaching Carousel - Discussion of Hires...

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Re: UA Coaching Carousel (Locks, Gattis, Key, Enos, and ???)

The colts fired their offensive line coach. He did a heck of job for them this year. They went from allowing 56 sacks to 18 and their run game was also top notch. Head scratcher heard he was hired by Josh Mcdaniels and Reich wanted his own guy in there. If that guy can even speak with a clear thought to recruits he sounds like he would be a great hire. Likely he will get another NFL job but long as we are making list.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

The Colts O-line was generally considered a miracle group this year, especially when Ryan was healthy and could play. I saw some stat where that line, with Kelly in at center, did not allow a sack over a period of many games this year. Silly to think they would fire him, but he won't last long, I wouldn't imagine.

rtr

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

If CBJ stays at Alabama. WHAT, If anything does that say about coach Locks or maybe Maryland. Jones goes back to Saban, Gattis jumped ship at first opportunity!

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

If CBJ stays at Alabama. WHAT, If anything does that say about coach Locks or maybe Maryland. Jones goes back to Saban, Gattis jumped ship at first opportunity!
Butch is getting a hefty monthly check from UT so $$$ isn't an issue so one with think given the opportunity to work with the GOAT, he would rather stay put and build on his resume. the players seemed to like and respect him and I'm sure Butch enjoys beating the Vols again.

Gattis going to Michigan as OC over the tarps is a no brainer.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Nothing really. Think everyone can agree Alabama > Maryland and Michigan > Maryland.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Wish we could have gotten James Saxon as the RB coach but I figured he wouldn't stay unemployed long ... Cardinals added him to their staff.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Butch is getting a hefty monthly check from UT so $$$ isn't an issue so one with think given the opportunity to work with the GOAT, he would rather stay put and build on his resume. the players seemed to like and respect him and I'm sure Butch enjoys beating the Vols again.

Gattis going to Michigan as OC over the tarps is a no brainer.
When I'd see him on the sideline he usually was congratulating our running backs. Did he work with them more exclusively?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

The timing for that isn’t great, he is involved in the 2 biggest prospect targets left on the board, amongst others !
Good thing most of the class is already signed.

I know Saban doesn't like it much, but this is where the early signing period becomes helpful. Alabama has 24 guys signed already, there's literally nothing that can wreck this class, they're locked in as one of the top classes. So yeah, all this stuff can hurt with a couple of guys but the class is fine no matter what.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Hate to lose him as a DC but the Lake (UDub) talk would make more sense then.
Love Tosh as a recruiter but IMO (and it might not be popular with everyone) we'd be getting a serious upgrade with Lake as Def. Coordinator. Just my opinion on the matter. Tosh has been awesome for the program in the last few years and its clear players respond to his personality. Wish him luck with whatever his next route may be.

Brobrettjohnson

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 28, 2018

The timing for that isn’t great, he is involved in the 2 biggest prospect targets left on the board, amongst others !
I’m not as worried about it in years past. Don’t get me wrong, Bama needs some top shelf recruiters to ensure the Julio’s and and the like. I’d rather Bama have top shelf coaches that develop the player. How many 3 and under the radar 4’s turned into studs due to great on the field coaching? Bama will draw a lot of talent just from the brand. IMO Bama has lacked the development of the players, certainly at DB and LB in recent years. Mack is a prime example of that. He should have been a juggernaut given his raw talent but I think we can all agree he was underwhelming this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.