UA Coaching Carousel - Discussion of Hires...

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Re: 2018-19 Coaching Carousel

I really think it's time to shut down the Nick Saban School for Wayward Coaches. We need some people that will stay with us a few years and not try to bail after one or two years.
I agree it would be nice to get some coaches that are with the team the next 4,/ 5 years especially the coordinators.

ColaTider

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2015
Columbia, SC

Agreed but how do you guarantee that? Also, is it just me or is our turnover drastically more than any other top 5 or 10 team? UGA lost both coordinators but other teams seem more stable.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

Agreed but how do you guarantee that? Also, is it just me or is our turnover drastically more than any other top 5 or 10 team? UGA lost both coordinators but other teams seem more stable.
You can't tell someone that they can't get a better posiition or maybe a position where they might have a better chance for advancement.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

You can't tell someone that they can't get a better posiition or maybe a position where they might have a better chance for advancement.
Buyout clauses might be one way to get someone to stay............but if another team wants them and has the cash, then that wont even keep someone

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

Buyout clauses might be one way to get someone to stay............but if another team wants them and has the cash, then that wont even keep someone
I wouldn't want someone to be sticking around that didn't want to be there. I like Saban's open door, because it guarantees a culture of excellence and winning atittude.

Ob1k3nobi

Sep 6, 2018

It occured as a possibility to me that obviously clemson had the 2018 offense figured out pretty well and next year who knows how many other teams might have it down after watching clemson and taking pointers. If the same staff is brought back in how much change would really be made? Prehaps a staff reset will give the unknown factor to offense that may be superior to coach overturn downside

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

It occured as a possibility to me that obviously clemson had the 2018 offense figured out pretty well and next year who knows how many other teams might have it down after watching clemson and taking pointers. If the same staff is brought back in how much change would really be made? Prehaps a staff reset will give the unknown factor to offense that may be superior to coach overturn downside
But they didn’t. Offensively we owned the game in every category except red zone offense. In the red zone their defense didn’t beat us as much as we killed ourselves with mistakes.

The only thing the championship game proved was that to beat Bama you first need them to beat themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

But they didn’t. Offensively we owned the game in every category except red zone offense. In the red zone their defense didn’t beat us as much as we killed ourselves with mistakes.

The only thing the championship game proved was that to beat Bama you first need them to beat themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah, they beat us. They took risks to do it, but that beat us.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
2018-19 Coaching Carousel

Nah, they beat us. They took risks to do it, but that beat us.
Clemson beat us on offensive with one of the most perfect combinations game plan and execution I’ve ever seen. Clemson’s defense did a great job of disguising their play to create confusion. However despite being thrown everything including the kitchen sink, the offense still accounted for 450 yards and only punted twice. That doesn’t sound like defensive dominance to me

You are correct that Clemson (the team) beat us, and I take nothing away from that. What I was disagreeing with was that their defense beat our offense and provided the master code for the future. Look at every moment of the game that cost Bama points, and you’ll see a penalty, a misread, or poor execution, not defensive dominance.

Edit: With that said, this isn’t the thread to rehash the game. I’m done going off topic, back to regularly scheduled programming.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: First Head Coaching Casualty of 2018

Wow Sark is coming back lol. Not sure how I feel about that..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.