UA Coaching Carousel - Discussion of Hires...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: UA Coaching Carousel (Locks, Gattis, Key, Enos, Tosh, and ???)

I believe it's Vinnie, not Sal.
Vinnie wouldn't be a position coach; he'd be a GA.

Sal, his dad, is a position coach and some are indicating that both might be possibilities to return.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012

And if an assistant is good enough to get a promotion that becomes an issue because he didn't fulfill the agreement?
Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying. I'm just saying that I doubt that Saban has a handshake agreement that he will retain them for 2 years. I find no fault at all in an assistant moving on to better himself.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com

My memory may be bad but I thought Sal made some disparaging remarks toward CNS when he left, and we talked about him burning bridges. Of course I could be wrong or it could have been someone else.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying. I'm just saying that I doubt that Saban has a handshake agreement that he will retain them for 2 years. I find no fault at all in an assistant moving on to better himself.
You understood what I was saying then. If Saban is going to agree with a handshake to coaches staying two years, he can't get upset if they leave for a promotion since he himself has pushed guys out after one season.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

My memory may be bad but I thought Sal made some disparaging remarks toward CNS when he left, and we talked about him burning bridges. Of course I could be wrong or it could have been someone else.
I don't have Selma's memory so take this with a very large grain of salt. I remember Sal wanting the DC position and Saban wouldn't give it to him. He left in a huff and may have said some things.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I seem to remember the same thing happening. Whether that would affect his potential hiring is unknown, if he is even under consideration.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Don't remember Sal saying anything, but by that time Lance may have cornered the market.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Wow, is Nick getting the old gang back together? ;)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I also remember many saying Jeremy Pruitt burned some bridges when he left to go to FSU a few years ago. CNS apparently knows how to build those bridges back.

tonymitchell399

Scout Team
Aug 6, 2017

So the only person that is officially on the staff is Vinny? I think announcements will come soon . The next signing day is Feb. 3 right? I think we will know coach names before then

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I also remember many saying Jeremy Pruitt burned some bridges when he left to go to FSU a few years ago. CNS apparently knows how to build those bridges back.
I honestly don't recall that, at least not from Saban's perspective.

My understanding was there was no way for Pruitt to become promoted to defensive coordinator (due to Kirby Smart), so he had to leave if he wanted to play a larger role.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

I will say that Pruitt has seemed to be very non-confrontational since he has been at UTK. I wonder why? :)

rtr

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL

He's a professional it's not about personal issues it's about winning. I do believe that a line can be crossed you can't come back from, but it seems to be hard to reach that with CNS/

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

I definitely remember that; just don't remember the details. I also remember a similar type situation with Lance Thompson. I was told we'd never see Jeremy or Lance ever again, but poof both reappeared. Coach Saban might not be as stubborn as we think or maybe the speculation is all wrong concerning coaches.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL

i'm pretty happy about Sal coming back. He was a good coach, and like several other defensive coaches he had to leave to get a promotion because ole dirty Kirby was holding that DC job hostage.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.