UA Coaching Carousel - Discussion of Hires...

BringLaneBack

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 12, 2019
Re: UA Coaching Carousel (Locks, Gattis, Key, Enos, and ???)

Dave Softly is..........and he knows that Lake was in Tuscaloosa?
Softly is a Washington reporter that claimed he knew Lake was in Seattle all weekend. A other report suggested otherwise, saying Lake was in Alabama this past weekend interviewing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Sounds like Kyle Flood is being looked at for OL coach. I don't know anything about him really. Apparently the Falcons OL coach the past 2 years. Former Rutgers HC

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

Sounds like Kyle Flood is being looked at for OL coach. I don't know anything about him really. Apparently the Falcons OL coach the past 2 years. Former Rutgers HC
Hard pass.

I'm hoping a lot of the rumors going around right now are completely bogus. Otherwise we might want to monitor Saban closely to make sure he hasn't been bodysnatched and replaced with Bizarro World Saban.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Hard pass.

I'm hoping a lot of the rumors going around right now are completely bogus. Otherwise we might want to monitor Saban closely to make sure he hasn't been bodysnatched and replaced with Bizarro World Saban.
This one sounds less bogus. Zenitz and another Alabama reporter said they heard he interviewed. and it would make sense since Sark is allegedly coming.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx

Hard pass.

Because....you know so much more than he does? You are a better judge of coaching acumen? Have you applied yet? Because unless you are Belichik, I will defer to what Coach Saban thinks is best. I may not like some of them but none of us on this board have the power to "hard pass" on anything CNS chooses.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Because....you know so much more than he does? You are a better judge of coaching acumen? Have you applied yet? Because unless you are Belichik, I will defer to what Coach Saban thinks is best. I may not like some of them but none of us on this board have the power to "hard pass" on anything CNS chooses.
I'm sure many of us have thought hard pass on people CNS has hired. Of course no one here knows more about football than CNS.

Its ok to disagree with Saban folks. He isn't actually a deity.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

FYI the Falcons Oline was one of the worst in the league. He was not fired by Quinn but he was "promoted" to senior assistant in charge of game and clock management.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

This thread is becoming like Groundhog Day. I keep coming back each day to hear some news and it's the same ole same ole of speculation.:smile:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

I'd love to be a fly on the wall and listen in to all the interviews. :)

I hope Saban keeps Tosh in some capacity since he is a good recruiter and has probably learned a lot from his mistakes. I doubt he would want to stay though unless given another chance at DC.

I have mixed feelings about Sarkisian.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx

FYI the Falcons Oline was one of the worst in the league. He was not fired by Quinn but he was "promoted" to senior assistant in charge of game and clock management.
Gene Stallings was 27-45-1 at Texas A&M. He was 23-34-1 as an NFL coach. Then he went 62-25 (70-16-1, unofficially) at Alabama and won an NC. So what's your point?

BringLaneBack

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 12, 2019

That’s such an absurd comparison....people need to stop comparing how a coach performs in the NFL to College. That’s like me saying Saban is trash because he never got the Dolphins to the playoffs. It’s 2 totally different situations. He might suck as an NFL coach, but he a fantastic developer of talent. Kiffin is the best play caller in the Saban era, yet he sucked as a play caller for the Raiders.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

This thread is becoming like Groundhog Day. I keep coming back each day to hear some news and it's the same ole same ole of speculation.:smile:
I just hope Jesus doesn't call me home this week. I would really like to see how all this plays out.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

This thread is becoming like Groundhog Day. I keep coming back each day to hear some good or GREAT news and it's the same ole same ole of speculation.:smile:
FIFY

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Softly is a Washington reporter that claimed he knew Lake was in Seattle all weekend. A other report suggested otherwise, saying Lake was in Alabama this past weekend interviewing.
The University Jet makes both possible... :cool2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.