UA Coaching Carousel - Discussion of Hires...

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Re: 2018-19 Coaching Carousel

Please Dear Lord, no Tee Martin...or Butch Jones. I trust CNS, but geez.....

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Jones had decent offenses at UT - no defense to go with them.
I don’t know how much of either was on him, I do know he had a lot of injuries to deal with and little depth.
Tee Martin is a non starter ( who even brought up his name?) and Dooley is an enigma.
CNS has his work cut out for him but I’m guessing he will fill all vacancies before the end of next week. I just hate seeing this year after year - has any team ever gone through this much coaching change and had the level of success Bama has?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If coach considers Dooley, I hope he has burned his

ORANGE PANTS.

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

How do y’all feel about a coach-in-waiting? Don’t ask me who because I have no clue lol. The upside to that would give some stability. I guess a downside would be like the Mac Brown ordeal.
Our reject didn't do that well as the Texas Coach In Waiting.
The Little guys with the Big Hats (Money guys) finally took control
and sent Major packing.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga

This is what Gattis had to say when he was introduced at UM. Maybe his idea of great and successful are different from those of Coach Saban.
[FONT=&quot]'It is an honor and a privilege to join the University of Michigan football family under Coach Harbaugh, one of the most successful head coaches in all of football,'' Gattis said. ''I am deeply humbled by the opportunity to serve as your offensive coordinator. This is the leadership challenge I've coveted. The football tradition at the University of Michigan is among the very best in college athletics. My family and I couldn't be more excited to arrive in Ann Arbor.''[/FONT]

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

This is what Gattis had to say when he was introduced at UM. Maybe his idea of great and successful are different from those of Coach Saban.
'It is an honor and a privilege to join the University of Michigan football family under Coach Harbaugh, one of the most successful head coaches in all of football,'' Gattis said. ''I am deeply humbled by the opportunity to serve as your offensive coordinator. This is the leadership challenge I've coveted. The football tradition at the University of Michigan is among the very best in college athletics. My family and I couldn't be more excited to arrive in Ann Arbor.''
That tells you that he wanted to call plays at Alabama and did not get that gig, so he went to a program that would let him call plays. Pretty much what we all thought.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

That tells you that he wanted to call plays at Alabama and did not get that gig, so he went to a program that would let him call plays. Pretty much what we all thought.
Kind of an aside, but it’s funny how people refer to a successful play as a brilliant call, or an unsuccessful one as a bad call.
I haven’t seen one offensive coordinator playing on the field in my lifetime, yet players seldom get blamed.
I’m not talking about botched fake field goal attempts, just regular plays.
Sometimes it ain’t about the play call, but the play execution. actually, IMO it’s mostly about that.
As for Enos, he had the experience but I don’t ever see CNS giving up the authority to hire assistants to coordinators on either side of the ball. I’m amazed that Enos even thought he would, which tells me he never intended to stay, just wanted to pad his resume.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cr1msoN4life

3rd Team
Nov 21, 2010

Whomever he chooses. I hope its people that arnt one and done. We need continuity and commitment coupled with bright minds. I know I want a lot. LOL but they are out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

I don't blame Enos for wanting control of his position coaches, and I don't blame CNS for wanting control of his recruiters. Of all the names tossed out there Larry Fedora makes more sense to me than any other. I will say that there should be no shortage of suitors to take the keys of this offense.

Rtr

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL

I would take Fedora as OC and Tee Martin as QB coach.

How about Prothro as WR coach?
i definitely think if Martin is brought in its for QB’s. He’s coached some successful QBs. I know no one here likes him but Saban only cares about his ability to perform.

Cr1msoN4life

3rd Team
Nov 21, 2010

Nah ill pass on ole T. martin..Id take petrino or freeze though (even if for 1 year). Fedora is a negative for me as well

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I am still not sure there are people waiting in line to work for CNS, as most think. Of the names mentioned, if you want an OC who will be around for awhile, is a good recruiter, and knows what CNS wants then Derek Dooley is your choice.

I do not understand where the idea that Butch Jones was a great recruiter when he was the HC of Tennessee came from. If you want just a recruiter then Tee Martin would fit that bill. I believe replacement assistants and OC will be coaches we have either not heard of or did not think of.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

i definitely think if Martin is brought in its for QB’s. He’s coached some successful QBs. I know no one here likes him but Saban only cares about his ability to perform.
I don't know how I feel about Tee being here.....................I certainly don't want him as OC. There may not be a line of people around the block wanting to OC Bama, but there are certainly better choices out there. Mr. Mobile Money Order isn't anyone I'd want around the program

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

I don't hold a grudge but Tee Martin had his chance to come here out of high school. Not like I have a choice but I will trust Coach Saban to get this right as he does 98% of the time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.