Next Season We Have to Break Tendencies to Get Back to the Championship

BringLaneBack

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 12, 2019
We were losing at the start of the 4th quarter. We were clearly the better team and pulled away but I dunno how anyone could think that was "domination."
Your right, but in my mind it had a different feel compared to 2017 & 2018. It didn’t come down to a walk off touchdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I guess one tendency to break is being the #1 seed. The other 3 teams are gunning for the #1 seed and feel they aren't getting the respect they deserve. Meanwhile the #1 seed may come into the playoff feeling a little too confident.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017

"Left a good board back in cow city......working for the Barn every night and day......oh man how I lost those minutes of sleeping, dreaming of the way that things might have been"........

"Big Rings keep on Churning......Proud Saban keeps on Burning.....us"

"So we're trolling....trollin......trolling.....trollin......trolling on the tidefans"
You should drop the word "back" in the first line. Otherwise, I love it.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I guess one tendency to break is being the #1 seed. The other 3 teams are gunning for the #1 seed and feel they aren't getting the respect they deserve. Meanwhile the #1 seed may come into the playoff feeling a little too confident.
It is interesting that 5 years into the playoff the one seed has yet to win the thing. Only #2 and #4 seeds.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It is interesting that 5 years into the playoff the one seed has yet to win the thing. Only #2 and #4 seeds.
It is probably because the #1 seed has to play the team with the most momentum headed into the playoff. Even when they win that game, the game takes a toll on the team. The #4 seed is usually a team that has had to fight and claw to get back in the hunt - a team that is hungry.

There is probably a bit of "rat poison" and complacency to be factored into it, as well.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
It is probably because the #1 seed has to play the team with the most momentum headed into the playoff. Even when they win that game, the game takes a toll on the team. The #4 seed is usually a team that has had to fight and claw to get back in the hunt - a team that is hungry.

There is probably a bit of "rat poison" and complacency to be factored into it, as well.
I never have thought about it that way but your are absolutely correct. The #4 seed probably feels like they have to prove themselves for being selected and they feel like they have a second chance. It will be something worth paying attention to in the years to come if there are four undefeated teams who make it in to the playoff.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.