Gattis comment on telling Saban he was leaving

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
No matter how good of a coach or player you may be, "The Process" just isn't a good fit for some players & coaches it seems like, the stress & personal demand of excellence living n breathing "The Process" brings can be a soul killer..If you're not prepared to lay it all on the line striving for Championship's..

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think he's just at a point in his life where he values himself more than others do. It happens. He's young enough to relate to the players. He's seemingly a good coaching talent and a good recruiter. Maturity (see Lane Kiffin) may be the biggest issue.

One day he may end up the coach at FAU too..

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'm trying to put myself in these coaches' position...knowing you've had it working at a particular school, the job is too demanding...but one last enormous game left to play.

Before the final game, do you pretend to the players you've coached all season that everything's great, see you next season? I'm guessing quite a few players are sharp enough to know when a coach means what he says verses when he is sleep-walking through the motions.

Would the coach with plans to leave put his best effort into that final game? Who knows, but when the dishonest coach winds up taking shots at his former coach that clears things up, in my opinion.
The performance, or lack thereof, of the team in that NC game is coming into a clearer light for sure.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Two responses to his tweet, gold!

Difficult to take audio out of context. At least you found an easy gig with no pressure where they routinely lose to their biggest rival. Nick Saban will send ya a shirt from the playoff next year I’m sure.
Backtracking - not a good look Coach Gattis. Michigan fans overlook facts- Bama for one year, then promised Coach Locksley to go to Maryland, then jumped ship when the H call came in - loyalty/integrity? From the Best House to the big house. Bless your heart and Roll Tide!
Wonder if he called Nick and apologized for his comments, are just the twitter statement!

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
FWIW, his contract is for three years.

"Michigan offensive coordinator Josh Gattis has agreed to a 3-year deal that'll pay him $900,000 annually with a $200,000 signing bonus."

https://twitter.com/nickbaumgardner/status/1084902148297633793

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.