Link: Hard to watch but good, John Doe Unofficial Asst Coach's videos 1-7

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Lawrence has a cannon for an arm. He has the arm strength to hit the throws you've got to hit to make in the NFL but so does Tua. I'd agree with John Doe's assessment from what I've watched so far. TL was hitting wide open guys all night with very little consistent pocket pressure to boot. He put a few of them up where literally no one but his guy could make a play and they'd make the ridiculous play. He did throw a couple that I came away impressed about but overall I thought Tua as a freshman looked better as a passer than TL. This isn't to say I don't think he's great because he is great. We've just consistently seen Tua put balls in windows that nobody else can. About the only way you can make a dent into Tua's effectiveness is by whipping his OL's ass or playing extremely risky coverages that you hope he doesn't see the risk you took before he throws it.

Tubafore

Scout Team
Dec 13, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Still haven't watched. Can't.
The quick rundown: Virtually every negative thing you thought about our coaching in the game was correct. Virtually anything you thought negatively about Tua's performance is largely unwarranted. Then he goes on a continuity rant for a good while. He finishes it off with: The quest for 18 has already begun, and this season we have something to prove.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
The main hard part was watching some of the mental lapses, on both sides of the ball. Some of the play calling, on both sides, was baffling.

The only thing to add was Coach Uce pointed out we basically had recruiters calling the plays, where Clemson had seasoned veterans, who spent an entire year scheming on how to beat us, on the other sideline. Couple that with all of their returning players, compared to how many we lost to graduation, early draft entry, and injuries.................well, we should be glad we got to the championship game.

The quest for 18 has started.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.