Link: Hard to watch but good, John Doe Unofficial Asst Coach's videos 1-7

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Devonte Smith should of ran a go route. There was no Clemson player more than 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage when the ball was thrown. Easy pitch and catch TD.

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
Yeah it was bad for several players. And coaches. Cant get 5, 6, or 7 for some reason. Trying to get this out of my system. Thank you sir Ill have another.

Yoodakine808

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 5, 2019
Watching this review makes me question the wisdom of a couple of our defensive players declaring for the draft..........
With all offense and defensive players declaring and coaches leaving makes me question the whole team, their attitude, and if their minds were even 75% in the game!! It was like a totally weird game

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
With all offense and defensive players declaring and coaches leaving makes me question the whole team, their attitude, and if their minds were even 75% in the game!! It was like a totally weird game
I believe we could include much of the coaching staff in that as well. All I have to watch is the first pick six again to know that I have seen enough. Normally Devonta Smith seeing one on one in that situation would have raised his hand and taken the route deep which would have cleared the flat for Jeudy. Instead he wasn't prepared for the defensive set for some reason and effectively did nothing. The height of it is having Gattis acting somehow like its CNS's fault that he is jumping ship and leaving a job undone. One is given to wonder if he is really needed on the staff. Good luck to him with Harbaugh at Michigan!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I would rather watch a video of your colonoscopy too.
I DVR'd the game and immediately after the game was over, I deleted that game as well as the Oklahoma, Georgia, and Auburn games. I was in NO mood
to see any of them ever again.

Alabama did NOT play like a Saban coached Alabama team. Watching Coach Saban on the sidelines, you knew something just wasn't right.

Let me join YOU in watching that guy's colonoscopy. Will there be any offense or defense?

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Watching this review makes me question the wisdom of a couple of our defensive players declaring for the draft..........
It was coaching. They were out of position all night. Looking for one thing and Clemson giving us another. Originally I was harder on DT on that bad angle. After the breakdown I understand he had Renfro one on one and was running down to get to Renfro. The bad angle was caused by the design of the defense. DT had already made a false step to get his self to his guy. I wonder on that deep play where Savion was beat and DT got caught looking in the backfield did he also have a man he was responsible for. My God twisting on the goal line. That is the worse defensive call I have ever seen. You wouldn't make that mistake in middle school. We were thoroughly out coached and looks like our players had the wrong game plan. Coaching has to improve next year. The tape is out there now. No one has to devise a plan. I think our first year DC had some growing pains this year but if he is a competitor, and I think he is, he will be burning to improve this off season. Tosh will be better next year and the rest of his career because of this year.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Players missed lot of assignments in the game. Coaches didn't do good job of game planning and I'm starting to become concern that we struggle to game plan in the playoff the last 3 years.... Saban is going to have to make adjustments... and I think he will. I suspect OC/DC will have co title so when playoff comes... we will be prepared.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
I did the same thing, all 3 games were deleted.

I DVR'd the game and immediately after the game was over, I deleted that game as well as the Oklahoma, Georgia, and Auburn games. I was in NO mood
to see any of them ever again.

Alabama did NOT play like a Saban coached Alabama team. Watching Coach Saban on the sidelines, you knew something just wasn't right.

Let me join YOU in watching that guy's colonoscopy. Will there be any offense or defense?

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
As a old timer, I have not been able to watch the 1971 Orange Bowl against Nebraska, the Punt Bama Punt game, the 1973 Sugar Bowl against ND or the 1975 Orange Bowl against ND yet. I’ll be dead before I have any desire to watch this catastrophe from last week.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
He highlights how Clemson found our weak spots and created 2 turnovers by disguising coverages very well.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
And how we messed up, concerning how we should have adjusted.

And, no, he does not put it all on Tua. Lots of other folks get roasted.

Coach John Doe still thinks Tua is the best QB, in CFB. When you give him a clean pocket, he can make all the throws. The problem is he was under pressure, most of the game. Along with players out of position, missing their assignments, not checking off, when they saw Clemson doing their switches.

And the play calling....................

He also pointed out how Tua made throws that Goldilocks missed on, and had a much higher completion rate. Even with being under pressure.

Most here have already figured out a lot of this. Just glad he lends his insight. It just makes all the coaching upheaval welcome. Can't wait for CNS to get the new staff in place, and fix all the stupid mistakes, that cost us #18.

RTR.

(And SNASS, as usual.)

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
And how we messed up, concerning how we should have adjusted.

And, no, he does not put it all on Tua. Lots of other folks get roasted.

Coach John Doe still thinks Tua is the best QB, in CFB. When you give him a clean pocket, he can make all the throws. The problem is he was under pressure, most of the game. Along with players out of position, missing their assignments, not checking off, when they saw Clemson doing their switches.

And the play calling....................

He also pointed out how Tua made throws that Goldilocks missed on, and had a much higher completion rate. Even with being under pressure.

Most here have already figured out a lot of this. Just glad he lends his insight. It just makes all the coaching upheaval welcome. Can't wait for CNS to get the new staff in place, and fix all the stupid mistakes, that cost us #18.

RTR.

(And SNASS, as usual.)
Yes I am still convinced Tua is the better QB. He just hits on throws that I haven't seen anyone else be able to hit. But Sunshine is definitely good enough in his own right, and had a far better surrounding cast that night (more prepared).

I'm hopeful the game resets Alabama's attitude and we come out hungry next year. Not that we don't always do that, but you know what I mean. That 2009 kind of hunger.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
Yes I am still convinced Tua is the better QB. He just hits on throws that I haven't seen anyone else be able to hit. But Sunshine is definitely good enough in his own right, and had a far better surrounding cast that night (more prepared).

I'm hopeful the game resets Alabama's attitude and we come out hungry next year. Not that we don't always do that, but you know what I mean. That 2009 kind of hunger.
I think the embarrassment of the score will bring out that hunger. I don't know any other way to say it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.