Link: CNN legal advisor jumps to white privilege defense with interviewer who is not white

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
What do you mean "take my cues"?

I enjoy listening to different perspectives.

I only posted because I thought others might too.

Sorry if I offended anyone.....
those aren't different perspectives. they are the perspectives. that is part of what white privilege is about.

but hey, you were just asking questions, so no biggie.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
those aren't different perspectives. they are the perspectives. that is part of what white privilege is about.

but hey, you were just asking questions, so no biggie.
I think the Dr. Phil vid. was more on point.

The Adam Corolla vid. - to me - represents why the whole "White Privilege" concept is flawed.

By using the word "White" you are automatically by default attacking an entire segment of people just based on their race. And even worse......the word "Privilege" is construed to convey they are not entitled to what they have gained in their lives....all because of their skin colour.

You can make whatever arguments you want, but from a public relations POV, this is a huge failure, IMHO.

I would think if you are calling attention to a problem, you would want people of all colour to listen to your message and (more importantly) not feel they are being attacked.

For me personally - I understand what is being argued about race inequality and prejudice.

The example of a person of colour being pulled over because of his skin color is what I have always known as "profiling" - and it is wrong - and should be called out.

Public Relations and Marketing are important part of sales, as many here know. We are all selling something too - every day. How one wishes to present their argument is a direct reflection of this.

Of course, this is just perspective offered on a talk forum and up for discussion.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think the Dr. Phil vid. was more on point.

The Adam Corolla vid. - to me - represents why the whole "White Privilege" concept is flawed.

By using the word "White" you are automatically by default attacking an entire segment of people just based on their race. And even worse......the word "Privilege" is construed to convey they are not entitled to what they have gained in their lives....all because of their skin colour.

You can make whatever arguments you want, but from a public relations POV, this is a huge failure, IMHO.

I would think if you are calling attention to a problem, you would want people of all colour to listen to your message and (more importantly) not feel they are being attacked.

For me personally - I understand what is being argued about race inequality and prejudice.

The example of a person of colour being pulled over because of his skin color is what I have always known as "profiling" - and it is wrong - and should be called out.

Public Relations and Marketing are important part of sales, as many here know. We are all selling something too - every day. How one wishes to present their argument is a direct reflection of this.

Of course, this is just perspective offered on a talk forum and up for discussion.
bless your heart. just in time for the mlk holiday too.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

I wish I knew what the white privilege is and where I could have signed up for it. I saw many classmates in law school and business school get free rides not based on merit, but because of their skin color. Same with hiring preferences upon graduation. More recently, I've seen how the government is thick with extra benefits to those who can check the right minority-status boxes. But, that's just decades of first hand experience. This may not conform to the proper ideology.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

I wish I knew what the white privilege is and where I could have signed up for it. I saw many classmates in law school and business school get free rides not based on merit, because because of their skin color. Same with hiring preferences upon graduation. More recently, the government is thick with extra benefits to those who can check the right minority-status boxes. But, that's just decades of first hand experience. This may not conform to the proper ideology.
Bless your heart. Just in time for the MLK holiday too. :wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.