Jalen Hurts to Oklahoma

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Re: Hurts to Oklahoma

My biggest fear for Jalen in this is that he loses his job to a TF. Idk how good the Rattler guy is outside of his recruiting ranking but I'm worried about it regardless.

Would hate for Jalen to go to OU only to be benched.

Jacie

Dec 7, 2018

This is not conspiracy theory, at least I hope not, but I felt there was a movement by the network, purely for the ratings, to insure a game that featured Tua vs Murray and it happened, despite a lot of people thinking tOSU or even Georgia should have been in the CFP over Oklahoma.

As early as it is, I can imagine the same scenario happening again only it will be for Tua vs Hurts.

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018

This is a big test for system QB. I dont believe he has the arm to succeed. But thats just me.
I will be rooting for him all the way.

Jacie

Dec 7, 2018

My biggest fear for Jalen in this is that he loses his job to a TF. Idk how good the Rattler guy is outside of his recruiting ranking but I'm worried about it regardless.
Would hate for Jalen to go to OU only to be benched.
If he gives up 1st team status to an incoming freshman, then I would have to conclude he was way overrated and we both know that is not the case.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

I now have a second favorite team...until they play us (assuming it happen) and for at least one season until Hurts leaves there.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Our program is no different from most...we have had our less than stellar individuals and we've had some truly great ones. Obviously, Jalen brings a tremendous legacy with him. I'm sure that's part of the reason L.R. pursued him. When I first posted here some 15-16 years ago I mentioned the similarities in our 2 programs. This transfer simply solidifies the relationship. It's like adopting a child from " good stock "

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia

I want him to do nothing but excel at OU. I'll say it again. Boomer Sooner, Jalen, and Roll Tide! I would love nothing more than to see him in NY with Tua. Hope both can stay healthy and they both beat out TL.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

So, I guess I'll be rooting for Jalen to excel while rooting for the Sooners' defense to completely collapse in at least two or three games so we don't have to face him...

I guess I can manage that.
:biggrin2:

spidermayin

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2018
Our program is no different from most...we have had our less than stellar individuals and we've had some truly great ones. Obviously, Jalen brings a tremendous legacy with him. I'm sure that's part of the reason L.R. pursued him. When I first posted here some 15-16 years ago I mentioned the similarities in our 2 programs. This transfer simply solidifies the relationship. It's like adopting a child from " good stock "
If Jalen starts for the Sooners, I'll be rooting for him and the Sooners as long as they're not playing against each other. If it does come to that match up, wouldn't that be something?

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Thanks Jalen for what you've accomplished in the classroom, on the field, and as a representative of The University. I'm proud to have you as a fellow alum and wish you the best.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
This is bittersweet. 15 years ago, I would have been thrilled. OU was my second favorite team, who I lived vicariously through during our down times. Needless to say, due to message board antics by OU fans, and Bob Stoops antics towards the SEC, that changed considerably. Other than owenfielddreams, and wishbonesooner, I just don't know of anything good related to Oklahoma anymore. I guess now I can add Jalen Hurts to that list.

I wish him nothing but the best, unless he has to face Alabama either on the field, or in the Heisman voting. I have no doubts he will do well. I'll be able to pull for the Sooners again, for a little while at least.

Roll Tide Jalen, and thank you for all you did for Alabama.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

Jalen should put up massive numbers in the Big 12. Will be pulling for OU in every game unless we meet in the playoffs. Some crazy scenarios could play out. Alabama vs OU in the playoffs or NC game and Jalen vs Tua for the Heisman. Also, pretty cool that Jalen will still be rocking the crimson and white..
I agree and thought that would be a good place for him to transfer when I was watching the Texas-OU Big 12 championship game. I will cheer for Jalen and hope he does well; however, I will not pull for OU. I am not a fan of their brand of football or their egos. Although, some of their fans seem to be solid folks.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.