Jalen Hurts to Oklahoma

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
If he does get drafted, and starts on a prime time game , does he say during the lineups, Jalen Hurts, University of Alabama or University of Oklahoma? I mean, he gained his fame at Alabama! The only time I heard Russell Wilson, he said Wisconsin!
The last I heard Wilson, he said "A whole Pack of Badgers" This acknowledges both.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Re: Hurts to Oklahoma

My biggest fear for Jalen in this is that he loses his job to a TF. Idk how good the Rattler guy is outside of his recruiting ranking but I'm worried about it regardless.

Would hate for Jalen to go to OU only to be benched.
I watched SR in he all America game - he’s very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
If he does get drafted, and starts on a prime time game , does he say during the lineups, Jalen Hurts, University of Alabama or University of Oklahoma? I mean, he gained his fame at Alabama! The only time I heard Russell Wilson, he said Wisconsin!
This is kind of the Greg Maddux (or HOF in general) hat question, and it's fairly complicated heh.

Also, didn't the Oklahoma backup transfer, so he's mainly going to be competing with a true freshman? I think Lincoln Riley knew what he was getting in Hurts and I'd add this... if Hurts does get benched after being recruited to transfer there, he could always redshirt...

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
Sounds like a great opportunity for a great young man. I wish you all the best in Norman, Jalen. Go show those Sooners how the Bama program works to get to where we are. Just don't show them too much.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Now that we know his pick, it'll be interesting to see his level of success.

Comparing him to the most recent OU QBs:

I don't think he's a better passer than Mayfield, but he's got better wheels.

I think he might be a comparable passer to Murray, equal runner but in different ways.

I think the B-12 schedule will force him to depend more on his arm in shootout type games. I'm hoping what we saw in his improved passing this year will translate into more success at OU, but the difference may be in his ability to break the pocket and run against inferior defenses.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think the B-12 schedule will force him to depend more on his arm in shootout type games. I'm hoping what we saw in his improved passing this year will translate into more success at OU, but the difference may be in his ability to break the pocket and run against inferior defenses.
He has some good games passing against weaker defenses in the past, he really struggled most with elite defenses. Although he threw the ball well this year in almost every game, including Georgia, in 2017 he had some fairly good games throwing the ball as well. I think in Oklahoma's system, and against Big 12 defenses, he shouldn't have any trouble putting up good numbers. I've watched some former SEC guys do well over there, and sometimes they're not being asked to do that much.

Unless he shows regression he should have a good year.

Not to takeaway from Jalen, but..
Well that's on the coach.

And I would add, if the coach lied to either or both, then who ever doesn't play has every right to be upset and take a redshirt while they consider their options.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

The only reason he picked OU is because they wear Crimson and Cream (white).

I'm not going to pretend to root for OU. I neither like or dislike OU, there are simply another school, but I will root for Jalen to personally do well.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama

It would be nice if it comes down to Tua and Jalen for the Heisman. I do think that Lawrence will have to get hurt and miss many games not to get it.
IDK, without Jalen, Tua may play most of the games and rack up much better stats than this past season. Time will tell.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.