Jalen Hurts to Oklahoma

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
To me, it’s been 24 hours. He is one of them , now . At least until Jan 1st 2020 when OU plays their last game !! Then he is one of us again! Good luck , young man. !

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: Hurts to Oklahoma

If Jalen wasn't my favorite Bama player ever there'd be zero chance I could pull for OU. And even then it's with trepidation.
Yea here lately I've grown to hate OU, but it's going to be hard not to root for Jalen next year since we don't share a conference with him.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

Yea here lately I've grown to hate OU, but it's going to be hard not to root for Jalen next year since we don't share a conference with him.
I'll always root for Jalen (as long as he's not playing against the Tide)...but not OU. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Jalen win THT, and OU to go winless. TMO.

Roll Tide!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

If Jalen wasn't my favorite Bama player ever there'd be zero chance I could pull for OU. And even then it's with trepidation.
You can include me in that trepidation! Funny , what was once a friendly series was changed dramatically by words of a coach and the perceived smugness of fans on both sides! At least Jalen isn’t transferring from East Popcorn St to OU!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

I'll always root for Jalen (as long as he's not playing against the Tide)...but not OU. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Jalen win THT, and OU to go winless. TMO.

Roll Tide!

I don’t know about the new OU fans we have, but Wishbone and Owen have always been welcome guests, and shown class and humility when called for while visiting. For them, and Jalen I can’t wish for them to be 0-11. Besides, that would probably mean Texas or Okie lite would win the conference. The two worst fan bases in the BIG12.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
I don’t know about the new OU fans we have, but Wishbone and Owen have always been welcome guests, and shown class and humility when called for while visiting. For them, and Jalen I can’t wish for them to be 0-11. Besides, that would probably mean Texas or Okie lite would win the conference. The two worst fan bases in the BIG12.
I think both fan bases are a little edgy...its now been 18 years since the Sooners won an NC and the playoff, both BCS and now, has been highlighted by our close but no cigar recent history. The Sooner natives are restless. Tide fans have understandably allowed some smugness or arrogance creep in. Both are understandable realities as reflected in the current state of affairs in college football. While we should be reveling in 4 straight conference championships we are tied up in knots over the lack of NC's in recent history. The Tide has become the Darth Vadar of college football. We want some of whatever you're having 😉

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I think both fan bases are a little edgy...its now been 18 years since the Sooners won an NC and the playoff, both BCS and now, has been highlighted by our close but no cigar recent history. The Sooner natives are restless. Tide fans have understandably allowed some smugness or arrogance creep in. Both are understandable realities as reflected in the current state of affairs in college football. While we should be reveling in 4 straight conference championships we are tied up in knots over the lack of NC's in recent history. The Tide has become the Darth Vadar of college football. We want some of whatever you're having 😉
Just so long as you keep beating back Texas...I have found OU fans much more fun and realistic than UT. They are delusional...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'd still like to hear the OU opinions on Rattler vs. Hurts. Obviously, Hurts is transferring for immediate PT, with only a year to play. I would think that Rattler is also expecting to play right away. Did we transfer our QB dilemma to them? :D

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'd still like to hear the OU opinions on Rattler vs. Hurts. Obviously, Hurts is transferring for immediate PT, with only a year to play. I would think that Rattler is also expecting to play right away. Did we transfer our QB dilemma to them? :D
I would imagine that this could play out to a situation similar to Kelly Bryant and Trevor lawerence.... if Jalen doesn't do well in first 4 games.....

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Jalen will go head to head with RS freshman Tanner Mordecai this spring. Rattler won't be on campus until before fall camp starts. The general consensus is that Rattler will RS. Mordecai was 1st team 6A all state at Waco Midway and ran a 10.8 hundred meters in high school. He led his team to the state championship game his senior year. He would have beaten out Kendall who just transferred to WVU. Most think Hurts will start in our 1st game vs UH with Mordecai backing up. Rattler will get in within the context of the 4 game RS rule. The real battle will be Mordecai vs Rattler in 2020.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I think both fan bases are a little edgy...its now been 18 years since the Sooners won an NC and the playoff, both BCS and now, has been highlighted by our close but no cigar recent history. The Sooner natives are restless. Tide fans have understandably allowed some smugness or arrogance creep in. Both are understandable realities as reflected in the current state of affairs in college football. While we should be reveling in 4 straight conference championships we are tied up in knots over the lack of NC's in recent history. The Tide has become the Darth Vadar of college football. We want some of whatever you're having 
Again with the “smug” comments.

Joe Mixon, Brian Bosworth, Barry Switzer, Baker Mayfield, Bob Stoops, Billy Sims ... those are just off the top of my head some of the sorry excuse for human beings to be part of the OU program. I dislike OU’s football program because no team in the history of college football has had more absolute jackasses as part of their team than the Sooners. Other schools have at least a few players I like. There’s something wrong with the culture in abNorman that creates a bunch of low lifes and the fanbase glosses it over.

Bama fans believe we are we are going to win every game because we think we have the best coach, the best recruits, and everything in place to develop the players. We’re confident because of these circumstances not smug. Smug implies a rudeness that I’m sure exists with a few Bama fans but not the general fanbase.

How ironic that that a fan of the absolute most smug program in football calls the Bama fanbase smug. I don’t mind you being here at Tidefans, but this smug crap has gotten under my skin.:mad:

I’ll pull for Jalen as long as I can.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Again with the “smug” comments.

Joe Mixon, Brian Bosworth, Barry Switzer, Baker Mayfield, Bob Stoops, Billy Sims ... those are just off the top of my head some of the sorry excuse for human beings to be part of the OU program. I dislike OU’s football program because no team in the history of college football has had more absolute jackasses as part of their team than the Sooners. Other schools have at least a few players I like. There’s something wrong with the culture in abNorman that creates a bunch of low lifes and the fanbase glosses it over.

Bama fans believe we are we are going to win every game because we think we have the best coach, the best recruits, and everything in place to develop the players. We’re confident because of these circumstances not smug. Smug implies a rudeness that I’m sure exists with a few Bama fans but not the general fanbase.

How ironic that that a fan of the absolute most smug program in football calls the Bama fanbase smug. I don’t mind you being here at Tidefans, but this smug crap has gotten under my skin.:mad:

I’ll pull for Jalen as long as I can.
I can only go by the tenor of this board now compared to when I first began to post some 15 years ago. It seems clear to me that overall there's an aura of hubris now. My observation is not really a criticism. TideFans is not unique in this fact. At least you have earned the right to be smug. You are correct in your assessment of Longhorn smugness...it is the gold standard. You have earned the right to be smug as a fan base. It's only natural given the success you've had. As far as the former players and coaches you have mentioned, it's not my place to be critical of any of them. They are all human. They all have made mistakes. I dare say if I cared enough to devote the time necessary to research the history of Alabama football I'd not doubt find some unseemly characters. If my team had been on the run Alabama has I'd be smug too.
All boards like this take on personalities over time. This is a great college football board but its personality, in my humble opinion, has changed somewhat. Its not necessarily a bad thing.I just don't quite understand why you feel the necessity to lash out. I have great respect for this board, its members, and Alabama football. That has not changed.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.