Players leaving and scholly numbers

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Just wondering how the scholly numbers work out with so many early draft entries. This always confuses me with the squirrely math.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
If our recruiting class is maxed out, are we in the running for any of the guys who are in the Transfer Portal?
They could be as helpful, for one year, as a JUCO guy.
It has been reported that we may sign 28-30 in this class with some backcounting against last year's class and some that are committed may or may not sign so we are not maxed out. Several big high school defensive targets we are actively pursuing.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
If our recruiting class is maxed out, are we in the running for any of the guys who are in the Transfer Portal?
They could be as helpful, for one year, as a JUCO guy.
At any given time the program can only have 85 scholarship players on the team. Anyone in that portal potentially coming to the Capstone would count against that number (unless offered PWO status) but our numbers are way too tight as it is with high schools seniors (who we prefer). So, unless we totally whiff on some guys we feel good about now I would expect zero grad transfers or JUCO in this class.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
At any given time the program can only have 85 scholarship players on the team. Anyone in that portal potentially coming to the Capstone would count against that number (unless offered PWO status) but our numbers are way too tight as it is with high schools seniors (who we prefer). So, unless we totally whiff on some guys we feel good about now I would expect zero grad transfers or JUCO in this class.
I would still think we might see a graduate transfer joining the team as a walk on in summer....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.